South Jersey Babies

OB Rec

I am new to the area and was wondering if anyone has any experience with either Garden State OBGYN or Cherry Hill OBGYN?  I just found out I am pregnant and don't have an OB in the area!!

Any recommendations would be helpful.  Thanks!

Re: OB Rec

• I currently go to Garden State and LOVE them!!! They are very good w/returning calls to the nurses line and even the emergency line on weekends(i had to use it 3 times in one weekend and they were always nice when they called back never acted like i was bothering them etc)..Not to mention i rarely wait more then 10 minutes to be seen when i have appointments..My favorite Drs are Goldstein,White and Cortese... I haven't seen everyone yet b/c it is a larger practice but i haven't met w/anyone i really hate yet..Wink

Since they are a larger practice they always have someone staffed at the hospital..You will always be seen by a GS OB (which i like) Some practices are smaller and if the one of their OBs isn't on site you may be seen by another practice, midwife or by a resident....

• I use Garden State OB/GYN and I love them.  I never wait long to get into an appointment.  I'm usually seen either on time or before my appointment time.  Every dr. I've dealt with is fantastic.  My personal favs or Dr. Articolo, Dr. Steighner, and Dr. Colella.

I've had to call their emergency and nurse lines many times because I have a complicated pregnancy and I have to say they get back to you promptly.  Additionally I've had to go to the Virtua Voorhees ER for this pregnancy and one of the Graden State docs is always there to see you. 

I can't say enough great things about the practice.  If you want further info., please feel free to ask and I will respond.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Does it bother you to have a male doctor at all?  My doctor highly recommends Dr. Colella.  When did they see you for your first appointment?

Thanks!! 

• No, it doesn't bother me at all if my OB is male..Dr Goldstien is my favorite OB and he is male but then again my RE was also a male...I just keep in mind that they are professionals
  • imagelabordaybride1:

Does it bother you to have a male doctor at all?  My doctor highly recommends Dr. Colella.  When did they see you for your first appointment?

Thanks!! 

I've seen Dr. Colella many times and he's great!  He's also been the guy who's seen me during some of my complications and he couldn't have handle things better. 

It doesn't bother me that he's a man.  I thought it might, but it hasn't.  As with any male doctor, there's always a female nurse in the room.  If the thought of using a male doc is uncomfortable for you, the practice has plenty of great female doctors.

As for the first time I saw Dr. Colella, that would've been my second OB visit.

• I just realized I answered part of your question incorrectly.  You wanted to know the first time I went to the OB.  That would've been about my 6th week.  I was also a previous GYN patient at Garden State and have been using them for about 2 years.

• My first appointment was at 9 1/2 weeks BUT i was being followed by my RE from 4 1/2 weeks til 9 weeks.When they discharged me i made an appointment w/GS

I have to agree with the pp i am a high risk pg...I have had 2 previous losses and have some other complications..When i started having contractions at 20 weeks they sent me to the high risk dr immediately! no questions asked the same day i called! They have handled all of my care beautifully so far!

• I too am a patient at GS.  I have been going to them for years... like since i was 18.  I pretty much saw everyone throughout my pregnancy.

I have never had any issues with seeing the doctors and getting appointments.  I was high risk for my pregnancy, and they let me be crazy and I got to ask the question I needed and never felt like they were being condesending.

but.... unlike the pp, at the end of the pregnancy, when they would do like 5 minute appointments... I waited what seemed like fo.ev.er to be seen by a doctor.  

• I also use Garden State.  I love them.  I haven't met an ob I haven't liked yet.  There are still several I haven't met, but those I have are wonderful.  They answer all your questions, and don't make you feel like you are stupid for not knowing everything about pregnancy. 
  • I use Cherry Hill and so far I love them.  They have 4 docs that you rotate through so you get to meet and know each of them so you know whoever is on call when you go into labor.  They say that if you really have a preference to one doc they will accomodate you.  They have one male doc who I find absolutely hysterical, I laughed the enite appt.  I have no complaints with them.  GL with your decision.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"