Infertility

Casey Anthony's legal expenses to paid by FL taxpayers

This is actually sort of IF-related....at least for me. This for me is just one more reason I'm so f***cking glad I'm not living in FL anymore (no offense to the FL bumpies) 

If you're not familiar with this case, here's the Cliff Notes version: Casey's two-year-old disappears, her parents (with whom she lived) don't know about it for a few days, they wait A MONTH to report the disappearance, Casey is known to have been partying and skanking around during this month, makes up a fake "nanny" to blame the kidnapping on, tells cops she left child at this apt., for babysitting, apt. turns out to have been vacant for five months, Casey turns out to have been unemployed for two years while telling her parent s she was at work, body found five months later two miles from her house.

All this went down just a few months after my DOR diagnosis, at my worst IF time emotionally, and while I was living five miles from the house, with the media discussing it nonstop. I can't have child, but she can?

Today, a judge declared her indigent, forcing the state to finance her defense.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-poor-20100319,0,7245922.story

Re: Casey Anthony's legal expenses to paid by FL taxpayers

• Are you serious?? That actually passed? The worst part is that the money is going to her lawyers so they can DEFEND her!! GAH!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG!  That is so effed up!  I hate hearing stories like that.  It just pisses the crap out of me.  I think, "really God?  That terrible, horrible person who neglected & then murdered her child gets to procreate no problem & I can't? I just feel so sad for the quality of life that poor child suffered during those 2 short years of life.  So messed up.
    Cant wait to meet our little girl!!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If that wasn't enough, I heard on the today show this morning, that the lawyers had to show who paid the legal expenses to date and many expenses were paid by ABC, in order to have rights to pictures and video of the kid. ?So to recap, she kills her kid and then sells the rights to her kids image to pay for her defense. ?
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • imageohiostategal:
    If that wasn't enough, I heard on the today show this morning, that the lawyers had to show who paid the legal expenses to date and many expenses were paid by ABC, in order to have rights to pictures and video of the kid.  So to recap, she kills her kid and then sells the rights to her kids image to pay for her defense.

Oh, the things her whole family has done to make $$$ would fill up an entire board.

• How ridiculous. The whole thing makes me sick. Blech.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"