Pittsburgh Babies
Options

Getting the Cat ready for my daughter's arrival

Hey there all! I am 31 weeks pregnant and have a 2yr old Mainecoon/Tabby male cat, and up until now has been my only baby. I keep telling him that his human(me) will be bringing home a baby, and I think he is starting to get jealous, because he is starting to get into mischief. He jumps up on my computer desk and tries to knock stuff off. Then when I squirt him with the water bottle to correct his naughtiness then he settles down for a while, but then jumps up on my dresser and starts to knock stuff off of there. He does this on a nightly basis, so the water bottle gets a nightly workout. I swear he must like the water because though he runs away from the squirting water, it doesn't deture him from his mischieviousness.

I will have to keep my door closed to my bedroom once Kharlynne arrives, because I fear that his jealousness will cause him to jump into her crib and try to harm her in some way.

Wish me luck

Re: Getting the Cat ready for my daughter's arrival

• Options
    Try bitter apple instead of the water, it goes straight into his mouth! And also try to post this on the regular local Pittsburgh board! There are a few girls who had similar problems when expecting human baby 1
    Kristen&Randy Married:6/30/2007 Had Faith 6/17/2008 Robbie 10/12/2011 image photos by Oh What Love Photography and Design imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"