San Diego Babies
Options

Shopping for maternity clothes

Hi Ladies,

I recently outgrew most of my regular clothes and just bought a few maternity items. I'm petite, so I can still pull off buying a shirt size up. I've only visited the Motherhood Maternity @ UTC, and the Target & Old Navy in Mira Mesa. The old navy had a very small maternity section. I was wondering where you ladies go to shop? Who has better selections?

TIA!

Re: Shopping for maternity clothes

• Options
    I always shopped @ the Motherhood Maternity outlet in Carlsbad.  They have a good selection and good prices. JC Penny also has some cute maternity stuff, believe it or not!
  • Options

I've been in maternity jeans for a couple months now and had the hardest time finding something that fit well.  I tried jeans at both MM in UTC and Target but they were just not cut right.  I went to Pea in the Pod at Fashion Valley as my last resort and fell in LOVE with their brand of jeans.  They are more expensive ($70-80 a pair) but the come in petite, regular and tall (I'm 6') and fit perfectly.  I know that is a lot for a temporary pair of jeans, but they fit SO much better than anything I had tried on at the other stores that it was well worth it.  I am a size 8 regularly and I fit into their small size. 

Pea in the Pod also has a huge rack of "sale" tops, so you can find some good deals.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would also try the Old Navy at Fashion Valley.  According to the sales rep there, they have the biggest maternity section (of all the Old Navy's) in San Diego. I got some great deals there last night!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks musiccaab, kate92009 & chocolatechippy for your responses!

I haven't ventured down to Fashion valley yet...but I know they have one of the biggest old navy stores in SD and Pea in the Pod.

I also want to check out Gap Maternity at Horton & North County Fair...have you ladies gone there yet?

If you ladies are interested...I found this 30% off coupon that expires 3/21/10 for the Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic stores.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    ON in Fashion Valley does have the largest selection.  However, go and try on the sizes and figure out what fits...then go online and get what you want if they don't have your size/color.  I've also found a few things at Kohls (the one on Balboa seems to have the "biggest" section or JCPenney's (not the most fashionable, but it works!).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Modish Maternity in La Jolla is fabulous!
  • Options
    Maternity works in the Carlsbad outlet, Gap has a nice maternity section at North County Fair in Escondido.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 1st m/c July 2008, 2nd m/c December 2008, Baby boy born in 2009!, 3rd m/c (c/p) June 2011, 4th m/c September 2011
  • Options

It depends on the occasion but I have found great things at Pea in the Pod, though full price there is scary. Sales are the way to go.

I also have found a lot at the Motherhood/Maternity Works outlet in Carlsbad. Their prices are very reasonable and the quality is good. Plus, it's nice to try things on. I bought some stuff online via Old Navy and Gap and a lot does not look or fit as well in person. Finally, Target has great stuff but not as high quality, and the price is right.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I also heard the North County Fair H&M has a maternity collection. I'm going to have to check it out.

I've been to most of the stores within the last month. I still need to check out Horton Plaza's GapMaternity. 

Happy shopping ladies!

• Options
    There is a motherhood maternity outlet and Old Navy outlet in San Ysidro, I always find cheap clothes there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"