Secondary IF

So- looks like my first pregnancy (and wonderful toddler) was just a "lucky fluke."

Those words had me in tears.

What he thinks is happening is that my body is producing the chemicals (progesterone) that says I ovulated (in blood) but that instead I never really expel the egg....so, once a follicle reaches 20 (whatever the unit is) then I am suppose to "trigger- orvidrel. We are also supposed to have a post coital test -If it comes back not good or the husband's SA come back not optimal- they are going to wash them and insert them. Here is the other thing- he said that its pretty likely that the finger things on the end of the fallopian tubes have adhesions or scar tissue - but the HSG (the x ray) will tell us more

I left crying....cause likely diagnosis include the following:1) ovulatory dysfunction, 2) adhesions/scar tissue 3) something about a lutenhizing dysfunction 4) no idea how much all these fun things (multiple sonograms/blood test) will cost and most importantly 5) I feel like when I DID get pregnant, I took it for granted and didn't like it like I should have. And knowing that there is a real possibility that it may never happen again has me in dispair (read bawling my eyes out).

Anybody have success with clomid/orvidrel? 

I'd really really appreciate hearing them. 

One Beautiful Gift Delivered 11/08 One Beautiful Angel 8/10 4 Clomid/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative 2 Gonal F/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative Please Lord, I love this baby already, we are ready when You are.

Re: So- looks like my first pregnancy (and wonderful toddler) was just a "lucky fluke."

• I got for my beta tomorrow, but this cycle seems to be the one for me with clomid & ovidrel.

I did 100mg of clomid (with no results) and then 150 mg of clomid and ovidrel trigger with TI.

Best of luck! A lot of women seem to get pg the cycle of or the cycle after the HSG.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesmbd:

I got for my beta tomorrow, but this cycle seems to be the one for me with clomid & ovidrel.

I did 100mg of clomid (with no results) and then 150 mg of clomid and ovidrel trigger with TI.

Best of luck! A lot of women seem to get pg the cycle of or the cycle after the HSG.

Thank you for your encouragement. Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

One Beautiful Gift Delivered 11/08 One Beautiful Angel 8/10 4 Clomid/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative 2 Gonal F/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative Please Lord, I love this baby already, we are ready when You are.
  • Loading the player...
  • Iowa! No tears!! He didn't say "You can't ever get pregnant."  I know it's frustrating.  But it's not over and it's not hopeless! 

A LOT of people have success with what he's suggesting. 

Get through the testing and finding out exactly what is wrong and then go from there. 

*hugs*

• (((HUGS)))
    Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.
  • imageMrsT1209:

Iowa! No tears!! He didn't say "You can't ever get pregnant."  I know it's frustrating.  But it's not over and it's not hopeless! 

A LOT of people have success with what he's suggesting. 

Get through the testing and finding out exactly what is wrong and then go from there. 

*hugs*

Did my husband call you?! did he tell you to say that?!

(cause that's almost verbatum!)

Thanks Mrs. T.

• Sometimes we just need someone else to tell us not to give up even when it feels hopeless.

Tons of women get pregnant right after their HSG.  I hope that will be the case for you! 

• imageMrsT1209:

Sometimes we just need someone else to tell us not to give up even when it feels hopeless.

Tons of women get pregnant right after their HSG.  I hope that will be the case for you! 

He did say the month of and the month following....we shall see, I guess. 

How are you feeling?

• It helps to just clear everything out.  Kind of like Drano for the ute. =P

I'm nauseous from morning til night, peeing almost every hour and tired.  Ready to hunt down whoever invented blue dye tests to kindly ask them to die in a fire.

• My first attempt with Clomid+Ovidrel=my triplets!

Though now that we are trying for my second pregnancy, I did not have success with Clomid+Ovidrel, and we are moving on to injectables.

Good luck!!!

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • I'm sorry, that must have been very hard to hear.  But the good news is that he has a plan for treatment and hopefully you will have success then.  Don't beat yourself up too much over how you felt about the last pregnancy.  While awesome, pregnancy can also be a real drag when you are in the middle of it.  :)
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • That initial diagnosis stings no matter when or how it is delivered. We had both of our boys with injectable meds and ovidrel/ insemination.

This method can and does make babies! Your body has shown that it is capable of getting pregnant, and carrying a baby. That is pretty amazing!

It is so scary in the beginning of treatment, but you will take the steps necessary one at a time! We are here!

• The diagnosis is always one of the hardest parts of this process.  I am sorry this is so hard for you Hon.  Chin up and stay strong.

(((HUGS)))

• Come back around more often, we'll lift you up and give you hope and support when you need it the most. *hugs*
  • Oh honey, don't get ahead of yourself.  I remember feeling devastated after getting all the bad news when TTC my DD.  It did turn out to be okay.  With clomid/ovidrel and IUI, the result is in my siggy.  Hang in there!
    imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise
  • I'm so sorry about all the bad news.  Don't give up though.  Try and stay positive, even though it is so difficult.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry, IF sucks! You have tons of support here. You are not out of options yet, keep you head up! /hugs
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"