New York Babies
Options

book recommendations

I have a great pregnancy book which I love  (the Mayo Clinic guide to a healthy pregnancy) But i was wondering if any of you ladies have found a good resource on newborn-1yr time period. Being a first time mom and the youngest i feel like I know nothing about the logistics (ie crib matress placement, car seat safety etc..). I didn't like the What to expect pregancy book so I didn't want to buy the "first year" version from them unless it was highly recomended. Thanks for the help

Re: book recommendations

• Options
    I have Baby Bargains which is a wonderful resource for baby-necessary items.  It has great non-biased reviews on everything from bottles to car-seats.  I also have Baby 411- by the same authors- which my cousins told me is wonderful for the first year.  I haven't cracked it open yet but they swore by it.  Hope this helps.
  • Options
    we have a couple different books, but have found great expectations: baby's first year to be most helpful.?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also read Baby Bargains which was great to learn about all of the different products and safety.  Consumer Reports also has a good book on baby products.   The "first year" book is helpful, but in a different way - more for how your baby is developing and growing.  My husband and I have both enjoyed the weekly e-mails we receive from Baby Center - they have been a wealth of timely knowledge for us during pregnancy and now after the birth of DS.
  • Options

imagetdub:
    I also read Baby Bargains which was great to learn about all of the different products and safety.  Consumer Reports also has a good book on baby products.   The "first year" book is helpful, but in a different way - more for how your baby is developing and growing. 

Agreed, we have used both! What To Expect is a great "quick reference" to have around.

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"