2nd Trimester

F/U to Gender Topic: Will you try again? :0)

(I don't know why I do the smiley face thing all the time--I just think it looks friendly!)

Anyway, just talking to a friend about the whole gender-wishes thing, and I was wondering how many of you, if you found out your gender wasn't your "first choice" will try again (and again?) to get the one you wanted?

DH and I decided to start trying again for baby #2 after Nathaniel is about a year old. We want a big family and don't want to wait. I see myself with a troop of little boys with a girl at the end, but we got what we "wanted"--a boy first, to lead the pack :) While I don't understand being "depressed" about the baby's gender, I DO understand seeing yourself as a parent of one gender vs another. (Either way, babies are a blessing and a miracle).

That being said, DH "wants" a girl next.

Anyone have any views/opinions/perspectives on this?

:0) <--signature smiley face

Re: F/U to Gender Topic: Will you try again? :0)

• Looks down at ticker.  Yeah it didn't work!

ETA: I want to add that I'm not depressed.  I have come to realize that I will be outnumbered for the rest of my life.  lol

Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • We won't.  Whatever we get this time is it.  We aren't having anymore bio children after this one.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I hate saying this now, but I wanted a little girl first. However we are having little Owen. Which is just as wonderful!! Yes, we will try again. DH honestly doesn't care what the sexes are. We are just blessed.

If you knew how lonely my life has been And how long I've been so alone And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along And change my life the way you've done

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

pregnancy

Anniversary
  • This is our second and we will have two girls but we're done.  We only wanted 2-3 children (never put a limit on kids, just taking it one at a time) but pregnancy is not easy for me.  I had a m/c prior to this pregnancy and I am just so terrified of that happening again. 

So while it would have been nice to have a boy and a girl I am thrilled with having two girls.  Lucky for me DH isn't one of those types of guys that has to have a son.  He is pretty excited about "his girls" (as he already calls them) too.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am having a boy and I see little boys with their brothers and it makes me want to have another boy, then I see little boys with their sisters and I want a girl!  So I think we might have another down the line, but either gender would be awesome!
  • We'll try for another for sure as we don't want DD to be an only child. I think/hope I'll be less inclined to one or the other next time since a sister would be awesome for her, but I know H will want a son eventually.

We've always said 2 OR 3 kids, so we'll see where we stand financially and emotionally after a second child. Gender may weigh in, but it wouldn't be the main factor in trying for a third. We've also discussed adopting an older child so that might be on the table if we were to have two girls.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We haven't decided if we are going for more or not. We will decide in about 4-5 yrs. I'm not wanting two of the same sex so we may just stop at just one, because of that. I know i'll end up with two girls, and i dont' want that. lol

But we haven't fully decided if we are going to have more or not. 

Dh wants a boy so bad, but he only wants one child.. so deciding on another is going to be left to him. But i dont' want another to be honest cause i dont' like the whole pregnancy thing lol.. and am not sure if i want two kids. One is easier right... lol 

i know call me selfish.

• I always saw myself with two of the same.  We're going to be having a boy this time around which makes me more likely to go for #3 (something I was on the fence about anyway).  No matter what #3 is, it's guaranteed to match one of the two we already have ;-)

I've talked to my H about possible adopting a child when ours are 4 or 5.  Not a baby, but one around the same age as our bio kids.  He wasn't opposed to the idea, but not enthusiastic either.  

• We want 2 more kids after this one. I would love to have a son, but if we end up with 3 girls I will be just as happy, and worried for the rest of my life about them.
    DD 1 - Aug. 2010
    DD 2 - Jan. 2013
    Baby Boy -  EDD April 12, 2015

• Maybe we don't count, since we don't have a strong preference, but instead want one of each....but if we didn't, we wouldn't try again...*maybe, we'd do int'l adoption...take it from girl #3  ;)

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• We swore we were done after 2 no matter what, but I kept finding myself wondering "what if?"  so we decided we had enough room in our hearts to give it one more shot.  If we get a third boy, doesn't matter, we're done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We've always said we wanted 4 and I would love 4 but honestly if this one (#3) is a boy I think we'll at least discuss if we really need/want the 4th. We have our hands pretty full already (both work full-time, will have 3 under 5)... But I'm afraid if we don't have #4 - we'll regret it later.. If this baby is another girl I can almost guarantee we'll go for #4 then. But it's me who would really love a son - not DH. He (like PP mentioned) LOVES "his girls."
  • Most likely, yes.  DH really wants a girl but is thrilled that we are having another boy.  But he also said that he wants to try to a girl.  I told him we'll see how it is with 2 before deciding how many we're going to have, but I am sure we will have at least 3 kids.
    Big Brother Logan Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Miles Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Bryan Smith - Freelance Photography Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We're going to try again maybe 2 more times but we wont be trying to have a girl. Just trying to have more than 1 child. I've realized god is going to give me what he feels like I need and if he decided I need a little girl then I wont be upset with that at all but I also wont be upset if I end up with a troop of boys anymore.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We will have one more (our second) as soon as I can stand it since I am 36 now. But that's it. This womb closes after #2 regardless of what gender he/she is.
  • We didn't care either way with this one as long as it was healthy. We would like 3 (That may change after #2:)) so hopefully we can have a little bit of a mix. 

I have always yearned for at least one little girl but with H's blood lines (8 uncles 3 brothers) I have a feeling I could be out numbered as well which would be ok with me too. More me time when H takes them hunting and fishing: ) 

• I think DH would like to have a boy at some point. We won't be trying again specifically FOR a boy, but if it happens, I know we'll both be ecstatic if we get a boy next.
    Sara - 30 DH - 32 Gracie - June 18, 2010 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Hubby says that he wants 3-5 kids (uhh, 5 is a lot to me) so yes, we will want to have more.  If baby #2 is the same gender, great!  They might be close growing up.  If baby #2 is other gender, great!  Then we'll have one of each.  I don't know how far we would push things to have a baby in both genders, but I'm not really in a position to decide now anyway.
  • Nope.  I'd never try for one sex over the other.  I'm happy with whatever I get!

We want 3 babies, so we plan to be team green next time! 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• we have a boy already. if this one is a girl, we might stop wtih 2. if it's another boy, we will probably have a third. if that one is also a boy, then we'll just have 3 boys! we are not financially able to have 4 children, though we'd both love to!
  • We couldn't decide if we wanted 2 or 3 kids, after we found out it was twins the decision was made for us. Even if the twins would have been 2 more girls, we were done. 

I know my Husband wanted a son, but he loves his little girl and I know he wouldn't have been the least bit disappointed with two more girls and neither would I.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I honestly don't care.  I didn't care with this one- I just wanted a healthy baby is all.  My husband on the other hand, would not have been happy with a little girl.  That sounds harsh, but you know what I mean.  We only want two children.  Ideally, yes a boy and girl; but as long as they are both healthy, one could be a dang llama for all I care!  I have a neice who is my whole life right now, so she will always be my first girl.  And after being with her, my husband adores her and loves her so much!  He is so cute with her.  He CAN'T tell her no for anything.  I tell him, "We are the aunt and uncle, it's not our job to tell her no!"  Our job is to be her favorite!  Yes, she is spoiled rotten!  Her dad gets so mad at us! 
  • I definitely want a 2nd. I always wanted boy then girl.That would be awesome, but I know I have no control over this. So I will just try for one more and I might consider adopting a 3rd at a later time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No.  It's actually a pet peeve of mine when people try again...and again...and again to get the sex "right" (in other words, there was something "wrong" with the prior "attempts", e.g., the middle children). 

• well I'd love a boy and a girl.. we always talked about how we wanted to have 2 kids.  If next time we get a boy again, I think I'd be open to the idea of trying 1 more time.  It depends how I'm doing after 2 pregnancy's... and 2 babies. 

I still have my dreams of tea party's, dresses and dolls for my little girl!  Smile

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Depending on how the rest of my pregnancy goes, we'll probably have another baby.  Boy or girl - it doesn't matter.  I would like to have a daughter so we might consider adopting a girl for our third.  I don't know if I could do the pregnancy thing 3 times :)
  • We're not sure.  DH is older (42) and has 2 children from his previous marriage (boy and a girl). 

I was someone who swore she was having a boy from day 1 of finding out I was pg.  So I was a little shocked when they said girl because I thought for sure my intiution was right.  DH did tell me I know you wanted a little boy so we can try again.  I said - let's get through this one and we'll see.  He has said before that he always wanted 2 close together (his are 19 and 7).  Now if we had baby #2 would we try for a boy?  No - we'd be happy either way. And actually would probably make life easier if we have #2 and have a little girl.

But again, let me get through baby #1 because I have no clue what its going to be like and then we can see. 

• I always wanted a big family but now I think we're going to stop at 2 :)  Our first child is a girl, so regardless of what this child is, I think we will stop.  If I had two boys, I might try again for a girl because I really wanted a girl. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've always wanted a little girl and got one the first time...though I was convinced it was a boy and I was in love with the idea of having a boy.  This time I don't care at all, this kiddo is icing on an already fabulous cake so we're happy to just have a healthy kiddo.  If it's a girl I'm not sure how I feel about trying for 3...thee girls...my poor DH!
  • DH and I want 2 kids.  It doesn't matter to us what sex they are.  We just happened to have 1 boy and 1 girl (so they tell me).  I would have been perfectly happy with 2 boys.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Aiden 10.17.07 Emma 07.15.10
  • We may try for another, but not in the hopes for a specific sex. Twins run really strong in my family, so we need to think long and hard before giving it another shot. We could go from one to three like THAT. Surprise
  • I would love to have a girl next but am very happy either way. Like you, we want to start trying when this baby is about a year old.
    image BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"