Boston Babies

Car Seat Laws, etc ?

DD has grown out of the infant seat, so we went to the police dept. today to have the convertible seat installed. The officer was trained, but refused to read the manual... so I basically installed the seat myself. I'm really puzzled because he asked me if I wanted it front facing... I thought that was against the law before a baby is 1 (B is only 6 months)!?!?! He was a police officer ::cringe:: shouldn't he know this!?! Or did the law change and someone forgot to tell me?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Car Seat Laws, etc ?

• uh, NO that is not good that he suggests that to people.  it's actually not a law though, it's just the recommendation of most everyone (the manufacturers, pediatricians,  am. academy of pediatrics, etc.that the min. req. is 1yr AND 20lbs.  I just went through all this with a friend b/c she has a Jeep Wrangler 2door and was trying to say it would be impossible to have her DD (9 months)rear facing in the backseat. 

my son is still rear facing and the goal is for him to stay that way til 2yrs.  yes, his legs are getting a bit snug against the seat, but I would rather a broken leg then a broken back.  here is some more info:

https://www.car-safety.org/rearface.html
    imageimage

• Was he certified to install car seats?  Not every police dept. has someone who is actually certified. 

What seat did you install?  I usually install ours but I cannot get our Britax level rear facing so I do take it to the PD so they can do it.  

• Loading the player...
  • the guy obviously was not a certified installer. I thought it was against the law as well in the state of MA. I know that it is not a law in TX. we installed DS's ourselves and never had it inspected because the guy was never there. it wasn't that hard if you read the manual.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"