Virginia Babies

Ashburn/Leesburg/Reston bumpies recommend your OB please!

We may be relocating to Ashburn/Leesburg area when I'm 37 weeks.  Long story, but it's either that or when I LO is 10 weeks old.

Please recommend your OB and hospital so I can start looking into some options now. I bet many offices are not accepting patients delivering in May at this time so I'm sure I'll have slim pickings!

Thanks in advance

Re: Ashburn/Leesburg/Reston bumpies recommend your OB please!

• My OV is Dr. Felluca at Perfectly Female.  She has both an office in Reston and Ashburn. I have been seeing her for years.  I love her!
    Dec '09 IVF #1 = Epic Fail Feb '10 FET #1 = Epic Success!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." - Henry David Thoreau
    formula-feeding, co-napping, sposie-using, baby-wearing, ap-ish mamma! Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am with Loudoun Physicians for Women in Leesburg. (703) 777-5111) It's a four-OB practice - all female. You usually rotate through all four OBs through your pregnancy as any one of the four can deliver. They all seem very nice - I am officially registered with Dr Cathleen Mills who is my favorite one - I'm really hoping she will the one to deliver my baby but I would be perfectly happy with any of the Drs there.

The nurses and other staff are all very friendly too. Delivery is at the Leesburg Birthing Inn https://www.thebirthinginn.org/ which I have yet to experience but have only heard good reviews about so far. 

• Loading the player...
  • I second the opinion about Loudoun Physicians for Women - I go to their Potomac Falls office right off Route 7.  I absolultly love them!  Dr. Brown is my favorite, but I do like all of them and their staff.  They are affiliated with Loudoun Inova Hospital - at the Birthing Inn - which is beautiful and has all private rooms! 
  • I live in Reston, and see Dr Terry Allen in Fairfax (because I wanted to deliver at Fairfax Hospital).  She is wonderful, returns calls promptly, and caring. 

https://www.drsallenandforrest.com/

• I used to see Diane Barrett, whom I loved (she has offices in Sterling and Reston), but with my insurance change I had to look for a new one.  I actually haven't had great experiences with Loudoun Physicians for Women (Dr. Brown wanted to prescribe me Clomid when I came in to see her after a three-months-late period.  Clomid is for infertility, to make you ovulate ... which wasn't the problem, I'd had 2 positive ovulation tests during that 3-month period!), but it seems a lot of people love them, so maybe it's a personal thing.

I'm planning to switch to Loudoun OB/GYN -- I've heard wonderful things about Dr. Arshed Choudry from everyone I know who goes to him.

Loudoun OB/GYN and Physicians for Women both deliver at the Birthing Inn at Inova Loudoun, which is apparently phenomenal according to the 10+ friends I have who've delivered there.  You can search for affiliated doctors on the Birthing Inn's website (thebirthinginn.org) -- if you're in Ashburn/Leesburg that's likely where you'll want to deliver, since it's the closest.  Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"