High-Risk Pregnancy

IUGR

Today I had a growth ultrasound due to my Factor V Leiden, and to check blood flow.  All looks good with the blood flow, and the baby looks good, but is measuring in the 15th percentile.  At the 20 week anatomy scan, baby was measuring in the 30th percentile. 

The doctor is thinking there may be a bit of IUGR going on, perhaps related to my Factor V Leiden, even though the blood flow looks good.  He wants to see me again in 7 weeks.  And to eat lots of protein in the meantime.  Worst case scenario would be that I get induced right at 37 weeks. 

Does anyone have any experience with IUGR?  I'm worried of course, but hope everything works out and baby keeps growing strong!  Any success stories out there??

Re: IUGR

• E has IUGR. We've made it to almost 34 weeks (I was diagnosed about 3 weeks ago). I am on strict BR. I always find hope in the positive that at least LO is growing which is always good.

There was another mama on here. Lauren and her LO was dx'ed with IUGR. She was on hospital BR for awhile. Her baby was born about 2 weeks ago at 37 weeks and he is home with her!

There is always hope. Google IUGR babies. I found a lot of support and positivity when I did!

GL.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow, 7 weeks?

Having had IUGR twice, and waiting for it to happen a third time (we just had our first major growth decrease), I'd tell you 7 weeks is WAY too long to wait for a follow up u/s.  I'd be demanding one at 30w at the latest.

As soon as Seth was under the 20%, we were doing u/s every other week, and that's where we're at now.  We've been at every four since 16w, and now we're every two.

m/c feb 07 ~ m/c twins oct 08 ~ Duncan Thomas: born to heaven 5/19/09 - m/c jan 11

My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I just saw that part of the post. 7 weeks is a REALLY long time. I would definitely be asked to be seen again in 2 or 3 weeks (max.).

I have appointments every week.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oy, really?!? 

Thanks for the input, ladies.  The ultrasound was at my MFM so I thought they'd know what's best, but I'll be calling tomorrow to double check and possibly reschedule sooner.  Thanks!

• My baby also has IUGR. I believe that IUGR is diagnosed in babies under the 10th percentile, so that may be why your doctor isn't rushing for the follow up? Also, my MFMs measure growth via sonogram every three weeks since that's the shortest period of time when they can tell a difference in the baby's size.

At 23 weeks, we were in the 15th percentile, and I was put on bed rest due to short cervix, but when we decreased to 7th at 26 weeks, they decided to put me on hospital bed rest so that I could be monitored on a daily basis. We've made it to 32 weeks, and if we can hold out until 36, they've scheduled a c-section.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"