Georgia Babies

Abigail's College Fund

was just spent on shoes....at least a big chunk of it! I spent more on shoes for her that she will only be able to wear for a few months than I spend on shoes that I'm able to wear for years! Oy Vey! Talk about sticker shock...
Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Abigail's College Fund

• I think we need a picture of these fabulous shoes.
  • imageB3Bride:
    I think we need a picture of these fabulous shoes.
    Well, they're just stride rites, but I normally shop Target for her shoes. So $63 for 2 pairs of shoes is a fortune...even on shoes for me.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm hoping I can fit in a trip to go spring/summer shopping w/ my MIL when we go to visit in a few weeks.  I dread having to shell out that much money for shoes.
  • That is a lot for shoes she can only wear for a few months.
  • I did the same thing for Cadence last week. I usually buy Target or hunt down Stride Rites at Marshall's. I just felt like she needed better shoes now that she is running around so I got them for her. Fortunately she is just getting into a 7-7.5 so they should last her a little while anyway.

I do not spend this much on my footwear either, so I feel ya there.

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Confession....I LOVE buying shoes for my kids.  I dont even care what they cost honestly.   I think about it like this....by the time they outgrow them, they are worn out.  They were the same few pairs of shoes every single day - I dont do that with mine.   I just love kids shoes!!! :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsBrandiGreene:
    Confession....I LOVE buying shoes for my kids.  I dont even care what they cost honestly.   I think about it like this....by the time they outgrow them, they are worn out.  They were the same few pairs of shoes every single day - I dont do that with mine.   I just love kids shoes!!! :)

Ditto. I just spent $55 on Geneva's current pair of shoes. And they're the only pair she has. She will wear them until the rubber's worn off. And by that point, she'll be sized up and ready for another pair. That's how she's done with all her other shoes. Also, I like nice shoes for my feet. I feel like my child should have them too. 

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm a stride rite convert!  I always bought target shoes for finn but he kept beating them to hell, so last fall I went to the stride rite outlet and bought two pairs and they still look AWESOME after this whole fall/winter season!  I will be going back for summer sandals.  I don't mind the cost but my husband does but he even said they look awesome.
  • i've bought two things for this baby...a cute pair of shoes and GT clothing. you see where my priorities are! ;-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"