Phoenix Babies
Options

People who moved from the midwest

My husband and I are thinking about moving out to Phoenix next year.  Are there any other people that moved from the midwest?  Since the weather is so different, what is the hardest part?  Also, did you leave parents behind?  My parents will probably lay down in front of the moving truck even though they would see DS more if we moved and they visited than the one afternoon a month they do now.

Re: People who moved from the midwest

• Options
    I moved out here from the Detroit area a little over a year ago for a job change.  I personally love the weather out here.  It just gets bad in September when I'm tired of the extremely hot weather and around my parents, the leaves are starting to change color.  It is hard to be away from my parents, sister, nephew, and other family, but we survive.  They sure do like visiting around this time of year though!  It's gorgeous and sunny today!
  • Options
    I moved here from Minnesota a little over four years ago. I actually live in Tucson, which I love, but I do miss home ALOT! DH and I are planning on eventually migrating back north...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekla111304:
    My husband and I are thinking about moving out to Phoenix next year.  Are there any other people that moved from the midwest?  Since the weather is so different, what is the hardest part?  Also, did you leave parents behind?  My parents will probably lay down in front of the moving truck even though they would see DS more if we moved and they visited than the one afternoon a month they do now.

i am originally from MN and got stationed here because of the military, and you will still get your nice weather about 80's from about jun-aug time frame, the fall and spring are really nice and similiar to the winter weather here, winter will be a change but your body should get acclimated to it, i love MN and would love to go back.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers M/C #1 Jun 2006 8 weeks M/C #2 Apr 2010 7 weeks
  • Options
    We are from Indiana. Although being away from family is hard, especially now that we are expecting our first, we love it here. The weather is great, and our family always ends up out here in the winter to escape the cold! Also, being able to drive to California and many other cool places is great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"