South Jersey Babies
Options

Feeling Down...Vent

I am so excited about this pregnancy, but it came on the heels of me being laid off, so now I am on unemployment and we are trying to save as much money as possible for the baby and for buying a house next year...which sucks because I feel like we are so "tight" right now and we have never had to be so tight with money...I hate to complain cause I know things could be worse, but I get a little sad when I think about needed a vacation, or wanted to just out and splurge on LO and I can't I have to watch ever penny...I mean we have a large family and we will be ok to take care of everything our LO needs, but I love extras! Idk God always provides a way when I think that I am backed into a corner, but I feel like my hormones are not helping any!

Sorry about the venting...thanks for listening and any advice in advance Embarrassed

Re: Feeling Down...Vent

• Options

I'm sorry you are going through this! Just try to remember that a baby "needs" very few things. We are saving like crazy right now so we can put our house on the market and move, so I know how you feel being on a tight budget. I've never been one to deny myself when it came to shopping -- especially for my girls!

Good luck with everything! 

• Options

things will always work out in the end- i know it seems hard now but stay positive!!.   i am realtor and when the market went south so did our extra income....hubby pays all bills but its always nice to feel like I help out.  things are getting better with work so i know things will get better for you :)

just keep thinking happy thoughts!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I know where you're coming from.  DH has been unemployed for almost a year & a half so we're still stressing.  We had been trying to get pg for so long that even when he was laid off we figured we'd keep trying and see what happened.  We never thought he'd be out of work so long.

The important thing is to not let it stress you out too much.  Like pp said, the baby won't need much.  We were very fortunate to have been given everything we need from our generous family & friends so that has helped a lot.

Things will work out, even if it's not how you planned.  Just keep focusing on taking care of yourself so you can have a healthy pregnancy.

Good luck!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"