3rd Trimester
Options

anyone else getting their husband a gift?

Normally where I'm from the new daddy buys the new mommy something to give to her on the big day...but I wanted to get him something too but I have no idea what to get.  Any ideas?

Re: anyone else getting their husband a gift?

• Options
    I ordered my DH a shirt from cafepress.com that says "New Daddy 2010" Its simple, black with grey lettering (very much his style). I gave it to him and he loved it! He already put it in the hospital bag :)
  • Options
    I'm hoping to hear some other ideas too! I thought of a frame, or possibly some sort of simple necklace. I like the t-shirt idea, but I kind of want it to be a forever gift that won't get worn out.
    DX PCOS, Endometriosis 2009
    Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    Missed m/c discovered 1/6/12 at 8-9 weeks
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yea, the baby lol.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagetlmalstrom:
    I ordered my DH a shirt from cafepress.com that says "New Daddy 2010" Its simple, black with grey lettering (very much his style). I gave it to him and he loved it! He already put it in the hospital bag :)

I like that idea...but I know he will only really wear it that one day.  I want something that is something he can keep forever.

• Options

imagebacala1:
    Yea, the baby lol.

Ha. This! 

• Options

imagebacala1:
    Yea, the baby lol.

I know..lol.  But he has put up with me for 9 months and I want to show him that I love him even more for it and it is my way of thanking him for making my dreams come true.  (I am slightly mushy...lol)

• Options

I'm making up a little basket of things for him that he can use with LO to give him after my shower.  

I found a bid that has a little light up runway and an airplane spoon that comes with it.  A little soccer ball and pair of pumas because I'm due near World Cup time.  A wubanub that has the dragon attached to it, and some mad scientist blocks.  

I know a lot he won't be able to use with LO right away, but they are things that he can get excited about.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Don't know if you are familiar with the Willow Tree figurines, but they have one for new dads. Here's a link to see what it looks like. I will be getting this for my DH. It's $26 at my local small town pharmacy.

https://willowtree.info/search/dad 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagetlmalstrom:

I like that idea!! DH wouldn't care about any trinkets, but the shirt my DH would love.

He's not a "new" daddy though, since this is his second (our first). Maybe I can think of a cute little girl saying. "She's already wrapped around my finger" Maybe.

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Options
    Yes a little baby girl. DH wanted to upgrade my wedding rings but I told him to put that money into the college fund and we can discuss the upgrade later. I guess my selfish days are officially over :-)
  • Options
    i hadn't really thought about a gift for hubby until i was put on bed rest. he's been amazing throughout this pg but has been a superstar during my bed rest. i definitely want to do something nice for him. here are some things i've been thinking aobut: a digital picture frame that he can put on his desk at work, cuff links engraved with the babies' initals or a nice attache case to take to work.
  • Options
    I did.....I bought H a tshirt that says "Big Guy" and a baby one that says "little guy"...to wear over the summer
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"