New York Babies

CVS at Carnegie Hill Imaging for Women

Hello Ladies,

I'm trying to decide between doing the CVS testing or an amnio.  I had an amnio for my first pregnancy and so I feel very comfortable doing it again.  My new OB/GYN is giving me the option of choosing either the CVS or an amnio.  (I'm 36, so she's recommending the testing and I'm fine with it.)  From the little bit of research I've done, it seems that it really matters who is performing the test/ how experienced they are.  Have any of you had the CVS testing done at Carnegie Hill Imaging for Women at 1245 Madison Ave.?

I'm sure my doctor is referring me to a good clinic, I just would love some back-up from you ladies.

Thanks. 

Cy (04.02.2008) & June (10.05.2010) 

Re: CVS at Carnegie Hill Imaging for Women

• I did not have a CVS done there but we had all of our u/s done at Carnegie Hill Imaging and we really liked the place and staff.  They were very compassionate and helpful.  Just be prepared to spend a lot of time in the waiting room!

• No CVS, but I had a dating u/s, genetic counseling, NT scan, amnio, and a biophysical profile at Carnegie Hill.  I am also 36.  

I have been very happy with them.  They are very prompt and professional.  I really don't have any complaints about them.  

I never really spent more than 5 minutes in the waiting room before being called in, except for once I waited maybe 20 minutes and they were very apologetic. 

I was very comfortable having my amnio there because they do so many and the statistics on my guy (whose name I can't remember b/c it obviously wasn't my regular doc and it was months ago) were very very good.  I know there is a general miscarriage rate for these procedures that is often referenced (either 1/200 or 1/300 ish), but the important # is the rate for the person  performing your procedure (in this case it was 1/1200 or 1/1400 or something like that).  

Good luck with whatever you decide.  (FYI:  they have a new second branch, Carnegie South which is Madison and 32nd street.  I go there now when I need something done b/c it's closer to where I live.  It's the same doctors.)   

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't had CVS but I had my NT and anatomy scans there. I really like everyone I've seen there - very nice, explain things thoroughly, etc. The first time we went we had to wait a while for the doctor (after the scan) but the second time the doctor was very fast. Never had to wait in the waiting room.

Good luck!

• I had CVS done there by Dr. Saltzman. Everything went smoothly and he was very professional. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"