Arkansas Babies
Options

Arkansas Moms Weekly Check-In!

Hello and Welcome! 

I hope everyone is having a good week so far. I know I'm ready for it to start warming up so I can get outside with LO. He loves going for rides of any kind and seeing new things.  Plus I could use the walk in the evening myself.  Right now I'm reading Itsy Bitsy Yoga and I can't wait to start doing it with LO. I've done yoga on and off over the years and really enjoyed it. I think it will be a great bonding experience.  You don't need any yoga experience either, the book is very simple to follow. I wish I had it when he was born, especially the calming a fussy baby technique.

How is everyones week coming? Any big plans for the weekend?  Tell a little about yourself so we can all get to know one another.

Re: Arkansas Moms Weekly Check-In!

• Options
    Hello!

We have had a crazy week so far. On Sunday morning we paid a visit to L&D because I was having excruciating pain in my left lower back side. I was admitted because I was having contractions (although I didn't realize it because this is my first, so of course, I had no idea what contractions felt like) and a million tests were run. The doctors didn't find much of anything, but they think I have/had a small kidney stone or two - too small to show up on the ultrasound they did. Anyway, the contractions stopped on their own and we got my pain under control and they sent me home on Monday morning. I have had a couple of short episodes of sharp pain again, but for the most part have just been sore. I am hoping it has passed now, and baby Ellie is kicking away so I know she's alright as well.

So, that was our drama for the week. Before I got sick, we did get a chance to set up our registry, so that was fun!
  • Options

Hello,

I'm Andi and I live in LR.  I've got one LO, Darwin and I'm still adjusting to parenthood.  I work full time and I do a lot of running.  Not as much time to do that now that I'm a mom. 

Glad to see some other AR moms and moms to be on here.  I'll have to check this board more often to see how everyone is doing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm from NEA. There is very little to do here.As I type, my LO is attached to my boob. I really like the idea of AP, but I think I'm doing it wrong because I think we have croosed the line into spoiled.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hello all.  This is the first time that I have looked at the AR board.  I am almost 33 weeks and counting down the time left until Anthony gets here!  We have a fun filled weekend of crib assembly and box unpacking.  We moved into a new house 2 weeks ago and after the big surge of unpacking that weekend, I have lost the energy to keep doing it in the evening when I get off work.  Must find the motivation this weekend to keep going!  Moving from 900 sq. ft. to 2300 makes figuring out where to put everything both fun and exhausting. 

I think me and my hubby are going to try to relax and catch a movie tonight though and just enjoy each other.  We have been running like crazy for the past few weeks.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Mandy

• Options

Hi there!

This is actually my first time checking out the AR bump board since getting ku!  I'm the mod of the AR knot board, but that one is pretty dead, too.

My name is Danielle and DH and I are currently living in West LR while he works at UAMS doing research.  He should be done this summer and he's currently looking for jobs, mostly in the north east which makes this New Yorker happy.  :)

We're expecting our first on May 26 and I'm delivering at UAMS.  It's hard not know much about the area and not knowing many people down here to get opinions on stuff, so I'll take any advice from locals!

I think that's all for now...time for bed!  Hope to 'meet' more of you soon!

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    (okay, apparently I lied and posted in the getting to know you thread.  Who knew?)
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Hey everyone - I'm glad to see this board a little more lively.  The last time I checked it seemed pretty slow.  I'm an Ohio native, currently living in Upstate NY, but we're moving to Bentoville at the end of the month.  Once we get settled, I'm thinking of starting a Moms group there.  I have a little boy that will be 2 in Paril.  I'm a SAHM by day, Tastefully Simple consultant by night, and I love scrapbooking and blogging.  It's nice to "meet" you all!
  • Options
    A little late but here goes...I recently rejoined the bump/nest after taking a hiatus.  I live in Benton and work full time in LR as a scrub tech.  I am the mommy to a beautiful 16 month old baby girl.  She is an absolute angel even after having ear tube surgery on Tuesday.  You would not believe the difference in her now.  She has found her voice and it is great!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"