Parenting

mildew smell on DS' clothes, the collar specifically

Even after washing, certain of his clothes smell mildewy (when they get wet from his drool).  I've noticed it is the collar area of shirts (mostly just those with collars).

My mom suggested I spray them with lysol before washing. I did that, and they are better but I still notice it.

Any suggestions?

Re: mildew smell on DS' clothes, the collar specifically

• I read this as DH's shirts. I was wondering why he was drooling on his work shirts. HA! No suggestions though- sorry.

• Have you tried putting a cup of white vinegar into his wash? I find that gets rid of pretty much any smell.
    imageimage
    Alex (11/14/06) and Nate (5/25/10)
    "Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." - Rev. Forrest Church
  • Loading the player...
  • vinegar or baking soda should work.
    Josh-10/1/87, Brittany 3/9/91, Mandi 7/26/92, Michelle 9/11/06 image I'M GRAPE JELLY- ALWAYS AROUND & ALWAYS THE SAME If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me. For I must be traveling on now. Because there are too many places I've got to see. -Allen Collins & Ronnie VanZant My favorite verse!
  • hi EMT! try white vinegar in the washing machine along with your detergent  and spray the collars with spray and wash before washing them. hopefully that will do the trick! :)
    Sisterly love--Sophia (1/14/07) and Baby Margaux (7/13/10) image Doctor in training! :)image
  • imagefemmegem:
    Have you tried putting a cup of white vinegar into his wash? I find that gets rid of pretty much any smell.

Ditto it works on that smell from our cellar and storage of hand me downs

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"