Long Island Babies

Favorite local spots to take your little one?

Ok, no prizes go with this question, but what's your favorite local park/shop/ activity to check out with your little one?

Re: Favorite local spots to take your little one?

• Right now I do what is easiest for me and the baby: getting in the car, heading out to the mall and walking around with the stroller. When it gets warmer, I will start taking our walks around the neighborhood.
  • imagekmcl2008:
    Right now I do what is easiest for me and the baby: getting in the car, heading out to the mall and walking around with the stroller. When it gets warmer, I will start taking our walks around the neighborhood.

I just have to say, your signature picture is beautiful!

• Loading the player...
  • I love taking DD to Gardiners Park.  It's a dog friendly county park and she loves looking at all the animals.  There are a few different trails that lead to the bay and a playground too. 
  • We love walks around the local neighborhoods and I haven't taken him there yet, but I'm very excited to take him to the Holtsville ecology center.

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Jones Beach or Long Beach boardwalks-hoping for some more sunny days soon!
  • During the warmer months, Long Beach boardwalk is where it's at.  We enjoy walking on the baordwalk and going to the beach; although I think they're pricey during the summer months for beach passes.  Our favorite thing to do is stop and play in one of the parks along the beach.  There is a lot of sand but the kids LOVE it!!
  • imagePK2:
    Jones Beach or Long Beach boardwalks-hoping for some more sunny days soon!

I can't wait for the warmer weather!

• imageNest Anni:
    imagekmcl2008:
    Right now I do what is easiest for me and the baby: getting in the car, heading out to the mall and walking around with the stroller. When it gets warmer, I will start taking our walks around the neighborhood.

I just have to say, your signature picture is beautiful!

Thank you! It was taken when he was just 10 days old. He's huge now (16 lbs!)

• My DS is a bit older than most here it seems, but Orly's Treehouse in Westbury is a really cool spot, tons of playspace, bounce houses, and if you're a VIP member, staff members will watch your LO while you can work out, get your nails done there, or leave the premises and do some shopping! I also really like the Brookhaven Ecology Center, which has a nice free zoo, a playground, a picnic area, and great pool complex with a toddler area.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePK2:
    Jones Beach or Long Beach boardwalks-hoping for some more sunny days soon!

I can't wait to take my LO to the beach!

• There are 2 great websites that I found with ideas for kid friendly outings.

1) divamoms.com (NYC)

2) minglingmoms.com (Long Island)

They are constantly posting new events.  Everything from shopping trips, expert lectures, baby concerts and clases....most raise money for charity while you get to enjoy a fun outing WITH the kids.  Expectant moms can search for events too.

• We Love the Holtsville Ecology Center and the Arboretum in Islip.
  • Hey HellsBelle08, thanks for the heads up on Orly's treehouse, we're not far from Westbury and our LO are about the same age and I'm sure he would would love this place. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"