Long Island Babies
Options

Hi there!

Hi all -- I'm Bump Liz and currently pregnant with my 3rd boy (gulp!). I'm here to answer any questions you have and, to be honest, get some advice myself!! Liz
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hi there!

• Options
    What are your tips for getting LO to sleep in his crib? Right now, he cries as soon as he realizes I have put him in the crib. I try again and again but he seems happiest sleeping in our arms during the day.
  • Options

I just had a boy and I'm so excited to play sports, ride bikes, and get dirty with him.

I'm wondering what you love about having boys?

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi Liz!

Congrats on the newest edition. I was wondering how the dynamics of your relationship changed with your DH after having your children?

• Options

Take my advice with a grain of salt, I have two terrible sleepers of my own but I do remember getting a baby to adjust to that feeling of being put down in a bassinet or crib being a major challenge.

1- Swaddling is a big part of making that transition work. A good swaddle gives the baby that same feeling that being in your arms gives. 

2- Temp adjustments... Try throwing a towel in the dryer for a few minutes and laying it in the crib before you put your son down, it may make things a little cosier for him.

3 - Patience. I don't know anyone who didn't have a little trouble with this topic. It takes time for the baby to get use to his crib but consistancy will help it happen faster. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekmcl2008:
    What are your tips for getting LO to sleep in his crib? Right now, he cries as soon as he realizes I have put him in the crib. I try again and again but he seems happiest sleeping in our arms during the day.

A musical mobile worked for us

• Options

We're in the process of registering and it can be a little overwhelming for a first time mom.  I plan on breastfeeding but will need bottles for when I return to work.  Anyone have any suggestions on a good bottle brand to avoid nipple confusion? 

• Options
    Thank you Liz and PK2. I'm going to work on it this weekend...since my husband will be at home and we can both take turns soothing him in his crib. I refuse to be the only sleepless one :)
  • Options
    has anyone tried a white noise machine to help with sleeping issues?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"