South Jersey Babies

OB question

I am a teacher and due in July and will not be able to use any sick time without a Dr. note since I will be "healed" by the time next school year begins.  My OB told me that they cannot write me a note for extended sick time unless there are complications. 

Since I am having twins I wanted to stay out until December and now am considering switching OBs.  Does anyone have a Dr. who is willing to write a letter for extended sick time that delivers at Virtua?  I want to deliver there since there is a greater risk of PTL.

I know this a long shot, but I really don't want to leave my babies sooner than that, but we need to figure out a plan of what to do financially. TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: OB question

• don't know where you're located but I go to Phoenix OBGYN and they're super accomodating, can't hurt to present the situation to them and see what they say. GL
  • I go to Magness & Stafford OBGYN they have two locations one in Cherry Hill and one in Sicklerville...so far they seem very accommodating I love this office!
  • Loading the player...
  • The only problem I can see with your proposal is that your OB would be falsifing medical records to say that you aren't able to work, when really you are (if that is in fact the case).

I have heard of new mom's who had severe PPD being written out of work for a few extra weeks -- but I wouldn't "wish" PPD on anyone.

Do you have vacation time saved up to cover your time off? Can you ask for a leave of absence until the new year? It would obviously be unpaid, but you could start to prepare for that now.

GL with everything, I hope you find something that works for your family!

• Check into the new FMLA laws. No matter when your babies are born, I believe you are allowed 6 weeks of leave with partial pay, even as a teacher who doesn't pay into short term disability.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"