3rd Trimester

White Castle..

Is it really that good? I live in canada so  we have them here. I just seen a post on another board and now i really want to try it :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: White Castle..

• ldooldoo member
    Not sure what this has to do with pregnancy, but OK. :) And no, it's not that good. Unless you're drunk. :)
  • I personally love them (almost stopped to get one last night!), but as pp said they are definitely better after drinking. Wink

• Loading the player...
  • I like White Castle...I live in FL where there is none, but I am from NY and used to have it when I lived there. When I go up and visit I always have to stop and have lunch there......

I don't think I could eat it often but when I do eat it, oh boy its good.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • they're not bad IMO.  definitely better when drunk :)
  • They are one of those foods that has a distinct taste. I usually don't think, "Hey, I want a White Castle burger."

I said "usually" I don't...

There was one night in the 2nd Tri when I had to have:

4 x White Castle Cheeseburgers
    1 x Large Fry from McDonald's
    1 x Medium Strawberry Shake from Culver's.

It was necessary. Stick out tongue

That will probably be my only White Castle craving for the next year or so. Then, it'll crop up  again. Like pp said...probably after I'm drunk. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have never had  white castle drunk, but I do LOVE me some white castle!! Haven't had it in years though. Not since I lived in Ohio. We don't have them here in western NY.
  • imageDC2London:

Everyone in Michigan is obsessed with it and, personally, I just do NOT get it.  I think it's nasty.

I'm from (and still in) Michigan, and I am not the least bit obsessed with it.  I think it's gross and so do most of my friends and family.

• Think very greasy and cheap fast food....If you want a really good BM....then eat White Castle.

• imageKateAndMark:

Think very greasy and cheap fast food....If you want a really good BM....then eat White Castle.

This.  The first time I ever ate White Castle I had diarrhea for 3 days.  GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All I have to do is smell WC and I want to barf.  We have Krystal here, which is basically the same thing. I haven't been able to eat them since 1st tri.  I craved. I ate. I puked. I may never eat them again.
  • imageadri823:
    White Castle is acceptable drunk food. Otherwise...not so much, IMO.

THIS

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelmpdjc:
    imageDC2London:

Everyone in Michigan is obsessed with it and, personally, I just do NOT get it.  I think it's nasty.

I'm from (and still in) Michigan, and I am not the least bit obsessed with it.  I think it's gross and so do most of my friends and family.

This. Maybe everyone you knew in MI was drunk??? Stick out tongue

• greasy and cheap is not even the best way to describe it....

It's like the cheapest processed food that I could think of...is it Hamburger meat???IDK is it sausage meat???? not sure????Is it a mixture of both or completely something else????

• Im from Hawaii and we don't have white castle there and after seeing Harold and Kumar and moving to IL i was like so excited. Because i LOVE burgers. And you can get a whole lot of little burgers for pretty cheap.

I tried it and it was horrible. There is a good chance you will be glued to the toilet. Thats why DH and i joked about giving white castle to the people waiting in line for the PS3 when it first came out so that they would all leave and we could take their spots.

• Maybe I'm just into trash food but I heart White Castle.  Whenever I go up north I always have to get some. 
  • I love white castle.....its greasy and cheap.  Def. not something to eat often...but a GREAT special..not dieting food.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's greasy and kind of disgusting.  You get a scrawny little piece of meat covered in tiny slivers of onions and the buns are always soggy.  The fries aren't bad, but they're not great either.  That said, I get a craving for it once a year and nothing else will satisfy it (like they said in Harold & Kumar).  

• Blech, I hate White Castle. My husband and his family love it. A few years ago we lived in an apartment building just upwind of a White Castle, and every time I had the door open, the smell wafted inside. Disgusting. There's no way I could deal with that now. In fact, the last time DH and his family got White Castle, I made them take it outside to eat.
  • DH and I both love them. I do like Krystal's a bit more. But, now I want some WC and they're 5 hours away. If we left now we could be back before morning...hmm.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"