3rd Trimester
Options

Do your legs look like this by the end of the day? (swelling mentioned)

So here's a lovely pic of what my legs/ankles look like by the end of the day. Ummm.... I think either my socks have shrunk overnight or my legs are a little bit swollen huh? Geez, could the elastic marks be any tighter? Yuck!  Anyone else have this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do your legs look like this by the end of the day? (swelling mentioned)

• Options
    Yes!! And it never hurts until you take them off! :(
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My legs totally look like that - except you can't tell that I have ankle bones.  I've been wearing DH's socks the past two weeks and the only shoes I can wear I bought in larger sizes to get me through.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh girl, at least you can see your ankles.  Me, I have CANKLES!
  • Options
    Yea, pretty much.  Except with mine, I can't see my ankle bones at all.  My ankles are too swollen to see any bones.  So gross huh?! 
  • Options

Yes! Me!

DH always gets a sick fascination about how dented my legs are going to look when I get home. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yup, but mine swell to the point where you can't see bones or veins.
  • Options
    i can't ever see photos on here but i am positive that mine are the same if not worse.  If I wear leggings I get a line all the way down my calf and ankle from the seam of the leggings.  It's gross...
  • Options
    Yup! The doctor told me to stop wearing socks with elastic at the top (bad for circulation or something). Which basically means tights or nothing. I started wearing sandles to work, lol.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    dantodanto member

Hey, at least you've got ankle bones still!!  (I need to take a swelling picture - I'm sure I won't believe it several months pp)

I've switced to wearing slipper socks and slides a size bigger than my usual - sooo comfy.

• Options
    Yes! I've started wearing DHs socks too... otherwise the lines on my ankles are unbelievable!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yep! Mine totally look like that. I'm down to one pair of shoes that I can squeeze into without totally hurting my feet.
  • Options
    You have an ankle bone and veins! Dude! Im jealous!  I have what goes from thighs to toes that look like little sausages.  no bones.  
  • Options
    I wear varicose vein nylons to work every day and my ankles and legs still swell. By the end of the day you cant see any bones in my ankles or feet, even with the vein socks. I hate it.
  • Options
    Yup, mine basically look like that by the end of the day.  My favorite days are when I wear sneakers and low socks because they don't cut into my calves.  Luckily, I can do this at work as much or as little as I want (unfortunately, I don't have enough maternity jeans to do this every day).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm only 25 weeks and I already have cankles.   ::Sigh:::
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Flip Flops are my new best friend....
  • Options
    Mine aren't swollen, but they are basically purple from all of the spider veins. I guess that's what years of sprained ankles from sports gets you while you're pregnant. :P
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    OH yeah! and my legs aren't as skinny as yours :(
  • Options
    Let us know when your ankles have rolls!  I'm about to bust out the fuzzy slippers b/c nothing fits anymore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Gosh you must be washing those socks in super hot water and drying them on super hot heat to make them that small!
    Your little hands wrapped around my finger and its so quiet in the world tonight Your little eye lids flutter cause your dreamin so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light To you everything's funny, you've got nothing to regret I'd give all I have hunny, if you could stay like that Oh darling dont you ever grow up, dont you ever grow up, just stay this little Oh darling dont you ever grow up dont you ever grow up, it could stay this simple I wont let nobody hurt you, wont let no one break your heart, no one will desert you Just try to never grow up imageimage Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine looked like that weeks ago, now they are so bad that they have stretch marks and jiggle when I walk!!!! I am so ready!!
  • Options
    YES!!!  I even get shoe muffin top!!
  • Options
    I'm 36 weeks and started swelling slightly a few weeks back. This week I have been blowing up...no more bones left in the ankles, numb knee down and it lasts all day long, it's all like one big sausage. The best part is nothing helps not even a massage from DH.
  • Options

Mine start off like your picture at the beginning of the day and are about 2-3x that size at the end of the day. And the edema is usually about a +3 to +4 pitting...no fun.

ETA: I can only wear crocs now...everywhere, because none of the other 60 pair of shoes I have fit anymore...It makes me so sad. :(

• Options
    A8194A8194 member

Crap you look great I can still see your ankles.....lol.

Seriously though, yes mine start looking this way by noon time :-p

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Absolutely! I've nicknamed my feet "Shrek Feet". It is horrid in the evening.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"