Kentucky Babies

OB/Midwive recommendations in Louisville

Hey ladies. I live in louisville and am looking for recommendations! I've been tossing around the idea of a midwife but can only find one in louisville (which i assume is become we dont have certified midwives here). I just dont want to see a different doctor everytime i have an appt. Does anybody have an OB that they just love and would recommend to everyone? TIA.

Re: OB/Midwive recommendations in Louisville

• I loved my OB office but I did see a different doctor most of the time but you can ask to see just one at Associates in OBGYN at Suburban Hospital.  Have you tried to call some OB offices to see if they have any recommendations?  Just a thought.

Sorry I couldn't be more help

• For the first part of my pregnancy I was going to Advocates for Women's Health and saw the same doctor my first few visits... I LOVE that place, you should check it out.  But I had to switch to a place closer to me (I was waiting to see if we would relocate closer to louisville after I graduated b/c thats where my family lives, but we stayed where we are so I found a doctor/midwife in Lexington).

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks guys! I've heard a few recs for Advocates for Women's Health so i may check them out!
  • I recommend Associates in OBGYN. I see the same doctor every time I go there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go to Woman Care, its actually across the river in Jeffersonville but from where I live it takes the same amount of time to get there as it would for me to get to Baptist, Suburban, etc.  Its been great so far.  They have two midwives as well as 3-4 docs.  I see the midwives, they rotate on-call so they recommend you see both of them so no matter which one is on-call when you deliver you are familiar with them.  I feel a lot more comfortable with the 50/50 odds whan with other practices that have 7+ doctors on a rotating schedule. 

TTC baby #2 since July 2011, DX: low AMH
    BFP 1/21/13, blighted ovum m/c 2/12/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go to Women First, and I love them. The recommend that you meet all of the OB's, but I was told that I don't have to.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lydia Eloise (5/25/10)
    Nora Annabelle (2/14/12)
    M/C 6.5 weeks (1/29/14) EDD (9/21/14)
  • I went to Louisville Physicans for Women in Suburban Hospital. They were wonderful. I seen the same doctor every appointment, and would have been delievered by him but I went a week early while he was on vacation.
  • Total Woman at Norton Suburban is great too!  They have an "on call" doc that will deliver all the babies that come on their day, so rotating isn't a bad thing, but if you are squeemish about a man delivering your baby and poking you all over like I am, this office is ALL women!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"