Maryland Babies
Options

interesting re: failure to progress

I am in a group for c/s mamas hoping for VBAC. Someone posted this blog entry and I thought this could be really useful information for those getting ready to deliver. I have never had a procedure,so it doesn't apply in my case, but in the event you have ever had a colpo, D&C, or other procedure involving your cervix, this info could potentially prevent a c/s.

https://www.birthresourcenetwork.org/blog/cervical-scar-tissue-a-big-issue-that-no-one-is-talking-about/

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: interesting re: failure to progress

• Options
    Lisa, Thank you for posting this. Although I didn't have a C/S myself, this info is very interesting and I will pass this article along.

• Options

Lisa,

Thanks for passing this along! I have had 3 colps (or 4???) and 2 Cryo's.  Each time I actually had to sign a consent form stating that I understood that the procedure had a 10% chance of causing "cervical stenosis." 

Thankfully my doctor took the time to explain to me what that meant!   She said that my cervix would not be as elastic as a normal person's due to the scar tissue.  So, there is a possibility that one of two things could happen- My cervix may dialate prematurely, requiring a stitch to keep it closed, or my cervix may not be elastic enough to allow for a vaginal delivery.

I'm glad that information is out there for people whose doctor's didn't explain things to them as clearly.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for posting this- I feel it's an issue that no one ever talks about-  I have some friends I should pass it along to- finding a MW or a doctor who will help you with the scar tissue should be more common than it is.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

OMG thank you soo much for posting this!! I had to have a c-section with the twins due to their position but really want to do  v-bac next time. I did have surgery done on my cervix years ago and I have never heard of this being an issue. Now that I know maybe I will still be able to do a v-bac!! No doctor has ever mentioned this to me during my whole pg with the twins. I saw a large practice of ob's several peri's you think someone would've known!!!

It's also interesting that I was dialted 3 cm's the last week or so of my pg and never progressed. Maybe that's why....

Thank you sooo much!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"