Toronto Babies
Options

Saturday Question of the Day

Okay... so yesterday's question resulted in two people answering (me being one of them). Let's see if anyone new is on today...

When do you plan on introducing solids (or when did you, if you already have)? Why?

Re: Saturday Question of the Day

• Options

We haven't tried yet, but probably will soon. Our pediatrician told us at his 4 month appointment that we can try rice cereal any time between now and 6 months. If he's not interested at first, give him a week and try again. We'll start with fruits & veggis at 6 months.

• Options
    I haven't yet (obviously), but when I take DS for his shots at 4 months I plan to talk to my doctor and see when he recommends that we start cereal. I'm leaning more towards waiting until he is 5+ months though.

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We have and are doing the Baby Led Weaning method.  Its a lot of fun.  Essentially you skip the mush and move right to table foods.  We do some purees though, a little apple sauce or pear sauce is her favourite.  The  most important thig is that we eat together and she feeds herself.

Today's menu was;

Breakfast; A plum cut into quarters, one giant strawberry, some apple sauce and oatmeal.

Dinner; Some penne, two long quarters of a roasted yam,  some garlic bread, more apple sauce and oatmeal, a little mug of water, usaully she'd have a green veggie as well but we need to go grocery shopping.

I find the 3-6 board here is really into started solids early.  6 months really is the norm in the "real world".  That said, we started at 5 months after she started trying to eat my dinner.

• Options

We started at 4 months. Marley could not drink more than 4oz of formula at a time, and keep it down, so she was not eating enough and not gaining enough weight.

She is a pro at eating now and loves everything so far. I'm trying to do a little bit of the baby-led-weaning as well, but I'm taking that slow.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Well we plan on waiting til 6 mo but baby isn't even here yet...sssoo who knows :)
  • Options
    We got the okay at 5 months but delayed until 6 months and started with oatmeal. We then did avocado, banana, green beans (mortal enemy) and yams.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"