Maryland Babies
Options

BWMC classes

Has anyone taken the breastfeeding class at Baltimore Washington Medical Center?  Was it helpful?  Is it worth taking or should I just talk with a lactation consultant after delivery?

Also,  has anyone taken the childbirth class?  I just registered for the April 7th, 14th, and 21st class.  Did yo like it?

Thanks for any input.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BWMC classes

• Options
    I didn't take the one at BWMC, and my experience may not have been typical, but I found my class to not be helpful at all. Everything she said I had read in the 2 books that I had. I found using the lactation consultants at the hospital after my son was here to be much more useful. I feel like there is only so much you can learn without actually having a baby in your arms. I'm not sure if I would have felt different if the class I had taken was good.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I took one @ AAMC before my DD was born.  I thought it was helpful - it was taught by one of the lactation consultants @ the hospital, and she gave us a book and a lot of hand outs- I took notes as well and got her card, etc.  The class definitely fortified my commitment to BF and I knew what to do after DD was born, etc.  I don't know if I would have been as prepared w/o the class.  The nurse was helpful, but it was after midnight when I finally got to hold DD and there were no LCs around.

I never got moved to the mom & baby floor @ AAMC and an LC NEVER visited me in the hospital.  I am sure I could have called for one, but who knows how long I would have had to wait.  Also they had classes/workshops in the hospital for new moms right then, but we never made it to one of those- they were really early in the morning as I recall.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"