Maryland Babies
Options

Moving to Baltimore Area

Hi ladies! I am a NOVA mommy and DH and I are planning on moving to the Baltimore area. We are currently looking north of Baltimore in the Havre de Grace/Aberdeen area. Anyone live there now? How do you like it? We aren't dead-set on those areas but like what we've seen so I'd like to hear what everyone thinks about it and what there is to do there, etc.

Also, if you have any child care recs in the area, that would be much appreciated! I will most likely be working from home but will need some kind of part time child care for days when I need to go into the office (about 2-3 times a week). TIA!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moving to Baltimore Area

• Options

Hello! I live in Abingdon in Harford Co. What you think about the areas you are looking in depends what you are looking for. There are good and bad areas in each community (as in most). I like Havre de Grace more than Aberdeen. Both areas are more urban than suburban as are most areas in the county along route 40 (Edgewood and Joppatowne are others). I think all of the communities on route 40 have a "bad name" compared to others in the county. Some of that is earned and some of that is rumor.

As far as the schools, compared to other schools in the county, they are not as well regarded. That being said, I taught in two of them and one I would love to send my son to, the other he wouldn't step foot in if it were the only school left (and there are some better regarded schools I wouldn't want my son in).

If you don't get a lot of info, try the Bmore Nest board. It is a lot busier and I know they will give you tons! HTH!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

DH and i moved here 2 years ago and we love the Bel Ai area... Abingdon is also very nice.

GL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"