Texas Babies

stroller/car seat

I am getting ready to register and I have no idea what stroller/car seat to get.  I know I want a stroller that will work with a car seat.  I was looking at the Graco travel system or the Chicco travel system.  But now it looks like some strollers have a car seat attachment.  I am so overwhelmed.  I also plan on walking so I want a durable stroller.  Thanks girls.

Re: stroller/car seat

• Get a BOB if you're planning on walking.  It will allow you to put your infant carrier car seat in it as well.  I got a travel system and have been walking much more than I thought I would.  I really would rather have a BOB. You can get just about any car seat that you want.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had the Chicco Cortina and really liked it until I determined I really wanted a BOB Revolution. The Chicco car seat is not compatible with the car seat attachement for the BOB. If I was to do it again I would buy a Graco Snugride car seat and a carseat adapter for the Bob and skip the travel system.
  • Loading the player...
  • I rec the Graco Snugride... it's very reasonably priced and by the time dd was ~8 months old she was in her Britax Marathon (convertible car seat) ... if I undertand it correctly, the "big sell" on the Chicco is that it holds babies close to 30 lbs.  Trust me, I doubt your near 30 pounder will want to be in an infant seat. dd is 15 months and just 20 1/2 lbs and there is no way she would tolerate being reclined back like they are in the infant car seat. PLUS- the graco is light!!! That was imp. to me... my upper body strength it terrible and I wanted the lightest weight car seat on the market.

Here's what I did and I am very happy w/ my choices.

Graco Snugride

Snap-n-Go- great bc you just snap in the infant carseat and  you're good to go. I used this until she was about 5 months old. It's cheap and takes up no room at all. 

Maclaren Quest- this is the stroller I use when we are "out and about." I'm reasonably happy with this.  It's lightweight and does the job.  I don't think it's the best on the market but I like it just fine.

Finally, a BOB Revolution.  I'm a walker/runner and needed a good jogging stroller. I don't take this out though- it stays in my garage but gets used on a daily basis.   

I chose to skip the travel system... I hear the strollers aren't that great, are heavy, and take up a lot of trunk space. But I would probably look at a travel system that had the Graco Snugride and just compare prices. 

Just my $0.02 :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the Graco SafeSeat and DD still is in it. We plan on getting her the Britax Marathon when she's 1.

We only bought the BOB, with the car seat adapter. I use it for everything, shopping, walking, etc. DD loves sitting in it and when I go shopping I really don't think it is more bulky than a travel system and it steers/rides way better.

I just recently bought a cheap umbrella stroller because with #2 on the way I can't throw DD in the Baby Bjorn anymore and the Bob is getting heavy for me to put in the car for quick errands.

I'd go for the BOB for sure. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"