Maryland Babies

Shower invitation etiquette question

Need your help please. Is it a little tacky to put registry information on the invitation? Yes or no - and why.

Other grandma and I are butting heads on this.

Re: Shower invitation etiquette question

• I think maybe putting a card on something with the info on it is better than having the information printed on the invite. It is helpful to know where the couple is registered rather than having a million and one people calling the host or the mom to be to ask.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I agree with pp: Put the info on a separate card & put that in the invitation (but not ON the invitation).  I've seen this done for weddings a lot.
    Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
  • Loading the player...
  • It is usually on the invites I get and I prefer it that way. I understand some people consider it "asking" for gifts, but lets face it, if you are going to the shower you're probably going to give a gift. The registry info is gonna make that easier on the gift giver. If it is someone who doesn't like giving off a registry, having the info in front of them isn't going to make them use it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I think as long as the mother to be isn't sending them out it is fine.  I agree with L&M, they are invited to a shower/going to a shower, so chances are they will bring a gift.  I think it is nicer to know where the person is registered than blindly purchasing.  I do not find it tacky on the invite or extra card inside.  I think too many people get offended by silly things these days.
  • imageKaybee44:
    I think maybe putting a card on something with the info on it is better than having the information printed on the invite. It is helpful to know where the couple is registered rather than having a million and one people calling the host or the mom to be to ask.

This. I believe my invitations had a little insert. 

• I put it on all of my invitations that I make.  I always make it in smaller writing and at the bottome and say something like Mommy to be is registered at babies r us
  • I am not a fan of including it in any way. If someone would like to know where you are registered, they can ask the hostess or a family member or friend of yours.

Note: I did not register, and do not usually buy from a registry.  I don't care to tell people what they should get me/be told what I should get them.  That's a mandate, not generosity, imo.

• imagekelleymark82606:
    I think as long as the mother to be isn't sending them out it is fine.  I agree with L&M, they are invited to a shower/going to a shower, so chances are they will bring a gift.  I think it is nicer to know where the person is registered than blindly purchasing.  I do not find it tacky on the invite or extra card inside.  I think too many people get offended by silly things these days.

I agree with Kelley and I am perfectly ok with the registry info being on the invite or included in the same envelope. I like buying things off registries, so if the info wasn't included in the invitation, I would try to find it out. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just got an invite for a wedding shower from my overly proper aunt and the registry info was on the invite, so I say that its fine to put it there.

Honestly, as an attendee, I want to know where they are registered and if its on a seperate piece of paper then the invite, I'm going to lose it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"