Louisiana Babies

New to Board!!

Good afternoon Ladies!  I am new to this board, and am SOOO glad I was told about it!  I am 17 weeks, and am planning a natural waterbirth at the new L&D wing of Oschner on O'neal.  I had a medicated (epidural) birth with an OB for my son 7 years ago, and hated everything about the medicalization of it from the IV to the catheter to the Epidural!  So, with this baby we are planning a natural waterbirth (in hospital), but I've switched from my OB to a wonderful midwife (w/ 3 others in her practice), and am also hiring a doula.  Has anyone on this board had a natural waterbirths? How was your experience? Did you use a midwife?  Doula?  Both? 

thanks!

Re: New to Board!!

• Welcome! Good luck with your water birth! I'm a pansy and opted for an epi with both my babies. 

There really isn't a lot of action on this board right now but I'm trying very hard to get it going.  

• Thank you!  I see that! 

I think the reason why I hated the epidural so much is because I am VERY claustrophobic.  So, not being able to feel myself...just made me feel like I could not breathe and Panic!  Also being restricted to the bed made me feel very "tied down" and that wasnt so good for me either.  If I werent so claustrophobic, I probably would have had a whole different experience! :)

• Loading the player...
  • That does sound horrible! I hope this birth experience is much better for you. 
  • Thank you very much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"