Central Florida Babies
Options

Anyone use a doula?

Its an interesting concept - curious if any Central Florida moms used a doula for their birth experience or had a post-labor doula in the home. 

Re: Anyone use a doula?

• Options
    Nope, but I'm using a midwife next baby.
  • Options
    my friend had a doula for her hypnobirth...her birth story was one of the smoothest I've heard.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a doula.  I loved her, Terry Reichley.  She serves Brevard county.  She was great.  She made the experience bearable. 
  • Options
    I am seriously considering it this time around... I almost feel like if I had the support of someone telling me why my body wasn't going into labor, or guiding me through the 3 days of Pitocin, I may have been able to go one more day and possible have my baby.  So this time I am going for a VBAC, I want someone there to support me just in case the doc flips the switch and goes from encouraging to discouraging.  Winnie Palmer has in house Doula's, the prices are much cheaper than hiring an independent and they go through a strict certification along with having to do so much time with another Doula. 
  • Options

I would really like a doula, I just don't think my husband can give me the support and encouragement I'll need, he'll be scared to death! lol

Can you have a midwife and still deliver at a hospital??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"