3rd Trimester

I'm soooo p-o'd right now

I was supposed to go in for my induction today. However, when no one called me by 3pm, I decided to call. The L&D nurse says "oh, we don't have any beds right now and its looking like we may not be able to get to you today." I just cussed her out and hung up on her. I'm so mad right now. I should be flamed for this but I really don't care. So now, I have to sit and wait by the phone another 24 hours for them to call me. Boo!

Re: I'm soooo p-o'd right now

• That sucks, I'm sorry.

Why are you being induced so early?

GL!!!  Here's hoping for a better tomorrow...

• Yeah, I'd be a little upset, too.  Sorry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • So you cussed out someone who had no control over the beds being full?  Very mature
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hope you don't get the nurse you cussed out when you do get to go in!

GL

• imagejenkm:

That sucks, I'm sorry.

Why are you being induced so early?

GL!!!  Here's hoping for a better tomorrow...

Because my OB and Peri. doc's think that I'll have a problem because I'm on heparin and I have a clotting disorder. So they believe that it would be better controlled if I were induced. Supposedly I have to be off the heparin for at least 12 hours prior to delivery.

• yeah, that's horrible. don't blame you for freaking out. 24 hours more is annoying.

but at least you know when its happening (maybe I guess). i'm hoping not to have to wait to be induced....my dr will wait until 41w. yikes!!

• imagerobinsokj:
    So you cussed out someone who had no control over the beds being full?  Very mature

You must have missed the part of my story where I said I should be flamed. I'm sure you have taken anger out on someone that didn't deserve it, at least once in your life. If not, then you should share your secret with me. I agree, it was immature, however at least I'm mature enough to realize that. Sorry, you are not talking to some 21 year old, first time mother (no offense).

• I would've been a little p-o'd too but I don't think you should've cussed out the nurse; it wasn't her fault all the beds were full.

I wish you GL and hope you meet your LO by weekend. 

• imagecobabymama:

Hope you don't get the nurse you cussed out when you do get to go in!

GL

This, could be scary!  Yikes!  I hear ya about losing it and knowing it, but nurses are the ones you gotta be careful with Mama!  Maybe call and apoligize, just in case?!

• imagelatonya0421:

imagerobinsokj:
    So you cussed out someone who had no control over the beds being full?  Very mature

You must have missed the part of my story where I said I should be flamed. I'm sure you have taken anger out on someone that didn't deserve it, at least once in your life. If not, then you should share your secret with me. I agree, it was immature, however at least I'm mature enough to realize that. Sorry, you are not talking to some 21 year old, first time mother (no offense).

If the nurse had given me attitude, I would have given her attitude right back.  I am able to hold my composure in stressful situations otherwise.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelatonya0421:

imagerobinsokj:

You admit you should be flamed. So why are you so defensive when someone does it? Relax.

I'm sorry your day did not go as planned.

• imagemiaomi:
    imagecobabymama:

Hope you don't get the nurse you cussed out when you do get to go in!

GL

This, could be scary!  Yikes!  I hear ya about losing it and knowing it, but nurses are the ones you gotta be careful with Mama!  Maybe call and apoligize, just in case?!

You know what?? You are right. I think I will call back and apologize now that I've cooled. And just maybe...she'll say "OK Tonya, come on in now!" LOL. I am gonna call her back though and say sorry. I'm not normally this mean. I'm just frustrated.

• At this stage in the game i think everyone is a little on edge and everyone is entitled to make mistakes. I don't think it was appropriate for others to comment on your maturity level however, I thought that was rude and uncalled for. You realize you overreacted to the nurse and I'm glad you are going to call her but in all honesty if you just wanted to vent your frustration I'm sure we can all relate on some level. Good luck with everything!
  • omg girl... i'd be pissed too!! good luck.. i hope they call you soon!
  • imagelatonya0421:
    You know what?? You are right. I think I will call back and apologize now that I've cooled. And just maybe...she'll say "OK Tonya, come on in now!" LOL. I am gonna call her back though and say sorry. I'm not normally this mean. I'm just frustrated. 

Smile 

• That does stink. Sorry to hear that.

Also OB nurses don't really take anyting personal. Most of them know what it's like to be pregnant, hormonal, and ready to deliver your baby. It's very nobal of you to call back, but I'm sure she isn't upset about it. They deal with plenty of angry/moody women.

As for the other people passing judgement to another expectant mom, I really feel like these forums should be more supportive, that's why so many ladies come here.

Good luck to you and your little one! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"