2nd Trimester

Seeing stars when standing up

Anyone else see little silver stars in their peripheral vision when sitting up or standing quickly. I am supposed to report any visual changes to my doc since I am at risk for Pre-E, and I will let him know today, but is this normal for anyone else? I feel fine otherwise so I was just wondering.

Re: Seeing stars when standing up

• I do but it has to do with low blood pressure. Try standing up slower until you can talk to your doctor. Someone else posted a similar question like this today. Check those responses too.
  • Yes this happens to me too, it happened in my last pg too. It has something to do with blood going to your uterus first so if you stand up too quickly you get a rush and it makes you dizzy. My doctor wasn't concerned but since you're at risk you should mention it to your doc.
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been getting lightheaded easier these days.  I think its due to the fact that your BP can drop at this point during pregnancy.  At least when I went in for my last apt, my BP was down from what it usually is.  That, or you may have lower blood sugar.  I just try to take it easy and consciously not stand up too fast - but, it does happen sometimes if I don't think about it.  Bending over gets me too (which, in a few weeks I won't be able to do anyway).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I do but I have very low blood pressure - I'd talk to your dr. about it but I wouldn't be alarmed.
  • This happens to me quite often when I am not getting up or anything else. I can just be standing there and it will happen. I asked my doctor about it and she said it has to do with the hormones?
  • Do you happen to have low BP? I naturally have very low BP so this happens quite a bit. Ask your doc!
  • Sounds like low BP, I occasionally black out for a second if I get up too fast.  Definitely mention it, but I bet it's nothing to worry about.
  • This has happened to me twice during pregnancy. Both times it happened, I started to sweat, got really lightheaded and had to sit down. I felt like I was about to pass out.  It has only happened in the morning on my way to work.  My OB suggested that I drink a small cup of OJ in the morning before I get out of bed (she said a swig would be sufficient).  If it happens again, she'll bring me in for further testing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"