Two Under 2
Options

Question/Need advice

Advice, well my husband wants our lil one to have a brother/sister close in age, so he wants to try again. He doesn't want to start trying again till April because he has a test at works he wants to know he passes before i get pregnant again. Our lil Girl will be around 3 months when we start trying again....

1. I was wondering when some of you got pregnant with your second and was He/She planed?

2. has anyone tried around that time?

3. Is 2 under two difficult?

4. Is the first month worse then when your first LO was born because now you have 2 to take care of?

Thanks in advance for all the feedback

Re: Question/Need advice

• Options

1. We got pg with DS2 when DS1 was 9mos old.  We wanted them to be 18mos apart but DS2 was born a month early so they are 17mos apart by calendar months (16.5mos apart chronological age). And yes it was planned.

2.  We didn't try at the 3mos mark.  For me that would have been way too soon.  I have a really regular cycle so we just used OPK's and planned according to that vs the no BC at all method.

3. Any age is difficult and you'll have your good days and bad days.  I know that is really vague but it is true.  I would say that having 2u2 hasn't been bad but I think some of that depends on how much help you have.  My DH is deploying soon, so 2u2 is going to be much more exhausting and hard while he is gone because it will be just me.

4. I had help the entire 1st month of DS2's life so I can't really say if it was harder or easier.  I had a c/s so I was limited on what I could do anyway for the first couple of weeks.

imageimage
  • Options
    Well i had an Emergency C-section and i only had my DH here for 12 days to help because we both are so far from home (Military) i'm just hoping the second one won't be worse.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you talked to your OB about when it is okay for you to begin TTC again? I too had an unplanned c-section and my doctor wanted me to wait until the 1 year mark to being trying again.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Options

imagePhilsWife07:
    Have you talked to your OB about when it is okay for you to begin TTC again? I too had an unplanned c-section and my doctor wanted me to wait until the 1 year mark to being trying again.

Ditto!  That's a LOT to ask of your body only 12+/- months a part.  My doctor said to wait at least 1 year after my c/s. 

• Options
    No i haven't asked my doctor yet.. i'm going to see him the 5th for my 6wk check up and was going to ask him about it then. But a year Wow i mean i wouldn't mind so bad but Hubbie doesn't like to use condoms and i'm afraid that if i'm only on BC that i'll get pregnant. My hubby has very good swimmers since i got pregnant a month after we started having sex which was a month after we were married to lol. humph
  • Options
    Honestly, I would not start trying again at 3mos.  THat is a lot to ask of your body if you have a c/s or a vaginal birth.  What does your DH consider close in age?  My kids are 16.5mos apart (DS2 was born a month early) - DS1 was 9mos when we conceived DS2.  As for your DH not liking to wear condoms.  Ummmm, too bad for him.  Takes 2 to have a child and BC is not the sole responsibility of 1 person.  And really, if you try at the 1yr mark and get pg with #2 right away, they would still be under 2yr apart in age when #2 came along.
    imageimage
  • Options

I have to agree with the others that TTC at 3 months PP does not make a lot of sense.  Talk to your OB/GYN.  Mine told to wait 18 months before we TTC but if wanted to TTC sooner (it took us 7 cycles the 1st time around) she said 1 year at the earliest.  Yes, people do get BFP's sooner and all that and most don't have issues but why chance it.  Your body really does need time to heal plus you really need to adjust to having one child in your house.

My girls are 21 months apart.  We started TTC right after my older DD's 1st birthday and were shocked to get a BFP the 1st month, we were hoping it would only take a few months of TTC vs the 7 the 1st time around.

If you use BC correctly (like the pill for example) it is very effective adn your DH and the condoms - he needs to grow up and deal with it for the short time he will have to use them.

Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"