Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How about Soul Lifting?

What is something about LO(s) that has lifted your soul lately?

Last night as I was laying in bed and he snuggled all into me I literally felt the weight of the world lift off of me. I don't know how I am ever going to stop bed sharing.

Re: How about Soul Lifting?

• We were playing a massive game of hide and seek this morning in my closet.  It was hysterical hearing him laugh when he "found" me.
  • imageTrumpetBride:
    We were playing a massive game of hide and seek this morning in my closet.  It was hysterical hearing him laugh when he "found" me.

Baby/toddler laughs are THE BEST.

• Loading the player...
  • I love keeping DS in the bed with us.  Snuggling up to him at night is so sweet.  He looks like a little angel when he is sleeping.  All is right in my world when my baby is sleeping next to me or in my arms.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Last week I was rocking DS while feeding him and he reached up and put his hand on my cheek and smiled his sleepy content smile. I just smiled and cuddled him closer, because i was thinking about how great he is and how much he has changed my world and he is growing way to fast. i live for moments like that.
    Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• His goofy smile.  He's a great big goofball and he does this scrunchy faced grin when he's playing around, it's just about one of the best things ever.
  • When I'm holding her, she'll give everyone huge smiles and then immediately snuggle/hide in my neck, only to pop back up and smile at everyone again. It's like I'm her homebase where she has to feel safe and connected, and then she'll share her smiles with the world.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Yes I like this post already.

When I pick up the boys at daycare at 5:00 and they are grinning and smiling and arms go in the air for me to hug them like they haven't seen me in weeks and missed me SO much. ::SWOOOON x2::

• FI was having a hard time putting DD to sleep which is rare since he is usually the one that does the bedtime routine.  She's usually always asleep when I get home.

Anyway, he said he had been trying so I grabbed her, sat in the glider, and literally within a few seconds she was snuggled up against my neck passed out.  It made me remember that even though I work late, I'm still mommy to her and I'll always be mommy.  Made this working mom melt.

• We sing a song to him that requires giving a hug, and when that part comes he opens his arms wide and leans in to me. He is also giving me big wet kisses! LOVE IT
  • Last night when Sam scooted/launched himself into my lap and Jake smiled and reached out for us.
  • Watching them sleep. Not because they don't sleep well, but because they look so peaceful sleeping. I wish I could take a snapshot of them sleeping and keep it forever in my mind.
  • When DS wakes up he will play in his bed for a bit before I get him. I went up there yesterday and peeked around the corner. When he saw me he looked through the bars, smiled, stood up and said, "mama!" Love it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • This thread is making me emotional. I am going to be that weird lady crying at her desk.
  • she hugs us now ::dies from the cuteness::
  • Making DD laugh.  She giggles every night when I put her lotion on because she is ticklish on her thighs.  Now she starts giggling when she knows it's coming.
  • She holds me.

She wraps her arms around my neck, presses her face into mine and holds me.

• imagekit443:
    This thread is making me emotional. I am going to be that weird lady crying at her desk.

Me too. I'm getting up to try to scan those pics now before I have a breakdown.

• When I rock him before his naps, and he snuggles his little head on my shoulder.

Or when he just looks at me and gives me the biggest smile. 

• No matter how hard the night was, I always get greeted by these two gorgeous smiles in the morning. 

I also love the mornings after they've slept well and they get up and just sit in there and talk to each other.  They don't fuss for us to come get them.  They just sit there and babble to each other.  It's the best.

• Her kisses.  This morning DD was all bundled up and ready to leave with her nanny and she grabbed my face with both hands, pulled me in and gave me the best slobbery kiss ever. 

• Good question. There are so many.

Every time he laughs. Every time he smiles. We love co-sleeping too. 

Breastfeeding in general. The way he arches his back to turn to face my breast when he wants to eat and the verocity with which he latches on. I know that sounds weird but I just love the feeling of contentment we both have with bfing. It makes the pumping I do during the day totally worth it.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This morning I was taking video of her & I told her to wave to daddy & she waved!  It was soooooo cute!  I sent it to DH at work to make him smile. 
    Photobucket Sydney Elise 5/9/09 Kate Reese 8/2/11
  • When I get home from work and a day of missing her, she gives me the biggest hug. It washes away any bad feeling. I need a baby hug right now.
  • imageBitterOldHag:
    Last night when Sam scooted/launched himself into my lap and Jake smiled and reached out for us.

That is adorable.  Lily does that when the dog is in my lap, although she does it out of jealousy, not love!!! ;-)

3/22/09 - Lily Grace, born at 33 weeks, 2 days
    9/12/14 - M/C @ 7 weeks, 1 day (ectopic)

• EVERY WAKING MOMENT!

hearing her say "momomomom" I love her little voice. last night I made ziti and cut some into little spaghetti-o looking pieces... she proceeded to put them on her fingertips and I about died laughing.

• imagemargeincharge2:

Breastfeeding in general. The way he arches his back to turn to face my breast when he wants to eat and the verocity with which he latches on. I know that sounds weird but I just love the feeling of contentment we both have with bfing. It makes the pumping I do during the day totally worth it.

Not weird at all. ITA. Sometimes he just looks up at me when he's finished and smiles. I love that soo much.

I also love that he waves byebye to me and is so excited to see me in the afternoon.

This post makes me so warm and fuzzy.

• She honestly makes me happy everyday.  Something that made me feel wonderful lately came out of something not so great. 

We were staying at the IL's for a while and one night she woke up scared. Really scared.  My mom heard her and went in, she wouldn't calm down, DH went in, she wouldn't calm down, MIL went in and she didn't calm down.  I came home and heard her crying her something is really bad cry, ran into her room and she reached out for me, buried her head in my shoulder and gave me the biggest hug looked up at me with a face filled with relief and cuddled me for a long time.  She then gave me a huge smile another hug and was her happy self again.  

It made me feel so good. 

• imageTrixie6717:

Yes I like this post already.

When I pick up the boys at daycare at 5:00 and they are grinning and smiling and arms go in the air for me to hug them like they haven't seen me in weeks and missed me SO much. ::SWOOOON x2::

This is mine exactly! 

• imageSammy-Mae:

She honestly makes me happy everyday.  Something that made me feel wonderful lately came out of something not so great. 

We were staying at the IL's for a while and one night she woke up scared. Really scared.  My mom heard her and went in, she wouldn't calm down, DH went in, she wouldn't calm down, MIL went in and she didn't calm down.  I came home and heard her crying her something is really bad cry, ran into her room and she reached out for me, buried her head in my shoulder and gave me the biggest hug looked up at me with a face filled with relief and cuddled me for a long time.  She then gave me a huge smile another hug and was her happy self again.  

It made me feel so good. 

Oh my gosh I'm gonna cry!!! 

• This post is so fun!

I love when he grabs my face in both of his hands and brings his face in and chews on my face or gives me big open mouthed baby kisses.  He pulls me in so ferociously it's like "I love you so much I just have to eat you RIGHT NOW!"  And I feel the same way about him...

• When our faces are close and he looks at me with complete innocence, and touches my face.  I also love how excited he gets when he sees me taking him out of his carseat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"