Connecticut Babies
Options

Godparents?

Who are you picking to be Baby's godparents? Friends or relatives?

Re: Godparents?

• Options
    we struggled with this - we didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings (i have 2 sisters and my husband has one) so we were going to choose friends so that web weren't choosing one sister over another, but we ended up assigning each sister & husband a number & chose randomly (it ended up being my older sister & her husband).  good luck!
  • Options
    Most likely relatives.  We haven't decided on who yet, though.  We're Catholic and I converted before we got married, so we don't have much choice in Godparents...they have to be from DH's side as I think at least one, if not both, have to be confirmed Catholic. 
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Family, our church requires one person to be a practicing catholic which really doesn't leave us with too many people to pick from so it'll be my sister. The other person can be whoever but I think we're going to ask my stepson (he's 17). The only other people we could ask is DH's cousins but we're close but not that close to them!
  • Options
    I don't think we are doing this. I've heard of it but I don't know a lot of people that do that now a days, but maybe because I'm not catholic?
  • Options

Hi! New poster here- I just found this board :)

We ended up not selecting godparents.To be honest, anyone we would've chosen does not have strong religious ties  We have close family and close friends who are so wonderful with DD and I know will be part of her life forever.

• Options
    We chose friends because our siblings were not practising Catholics.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We pick friends.  The way we see it family already has a special place - grandparent, aunt, uncle...

We pick friends that are like family to us.

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"