Georgia Babies

Pup-Peroni dog treats - do they make your dog sick?

I just gave our two dogs some pup-peroni treats and Callie threw up everything in her stomach within a few minutes of eating it.  I just bought these Sunday because they were on sale with a coupon (shameful!) and I feel so bad!!  DH said he thinks they made her sick the other night, too.  I guess I'll be throwing them away :o

Re: Pup-Peroni dog treats - do they make your dog sick?

• Yes, when we first adopted Abby, my DH bought her pup-peroni and it made her really sick to her stomach. This was before we had done much research on dog food and treats. We've since switched her to premium, all natural food and treats.
  • They don't bother my boxer JJ but then again this is the dog that ate my underware (swallowed them whole) and some socks. 

photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes.  We do an all natural chicken snack instead.  Gosh, I feel like a hippie now.
  • I need to find some healthier treats for them. We usually do beggin strips but I know they are bad too. Dog mom of the year here! lol
  • yes. our dog has a sensitive stomache and we cannot do dog treats from the grocery.
  • Yep, I found that out quickly and have never bought again. We mostly stick to milkbone biscuits, the little ham shaped training treats from petsmart and american rawhide bones.
  • Yes, they made my parents dogs sick.  We were never sure if it was the actual treat or the shape of them.  Are these the long straw type ones?  Their dogs would inhale them so fast that they gagged and threw up. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"