3rd Trimester
Options

At 30 weeks my baby already weighs...

3lb 13 oz.! Doctor says she is big. How much does your little one weigh?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: At 30 weeks my baby already weighs...

• Options
    at 30 weeks, my LO was weighing 4lbs 10 oz... but i have GD, so my dr said thats why...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At 30 wks our LO was 3 lbs 8 oz
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My little one is growth restricted so I'm the other extreme. At 35w5d, my little girl was estimated at 4lb1oz (only 4 oz bigger than your 30weeker). That's why I'll be delivering tomorrow.
  • Options
    I don't know, they never mention his size to me.  Now I am annoyed that I don't know!  I guess I will ask at the next appointment.
  • Options

That's about average.

My LO weighed 3 lbs. 10 oz at 30 weeks 5 days.- measuring in the 52th percentile.

At 35 wks. 3 days she weighed yesterday 5 lbs. 8 oz. - measuring in the 35th pecentile.

• Options
    At our 32 week ultrasound she weighed 4 lbs 12 oz.  Last week at our 39 week appt, they guessed her weight to be 8.5 lbs.  Not sure if they'll tell me how much she weighs this week, but she should be pretty close to 9lbs by the time she's born!
  • Options
    My DS weighed 7lbs 2oz at 34 weeks. ;)  He was born at 38w exactly and weighed 9.5lbs.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options

imageannasi83:
    I don't know, they never mention his size to me.  Now I am annoyed that I don't know!  I guess I will ask at the next appointment.

This

• Options
    The only time I was ever told size was with my son at the 36 week growth u/s.  He was estimated at 6 lbs 7 oz at that point, and when I had him at 38 weeks, he was 6 lbs 4 oz.  So, I would take those weight estimates with a grain of salt because they are rarely correct.  
  • Options
    Sul06Sul06 member
    At my 30 week appt. LO weighed exactly 4lbs. :)
  • Options
    I had a growth U/S yesterday and she said that the machines estimate at 33 w 2 d said he is 5lbs 2 oz, but that the measurments can be off 12 oz in either direction, at 26 w he was a little over 2 lbs and the more accurate weight from the computer program they use said he was in the 56th percentile (not sure what his weight was) but even that could be off. They get those measurements based off bone measurements. Like PP said, take the weight estimates with a grain of salt.
  • Options

At 35.5 weeks, the u/s suggested LO weighs around 8lbs 4oz (give or take a pound). My DS was 8lbs 15oz at birth (2 days late), so this baby is competing to be bigger. (I don't have GD.) Crying

DH comes from a family over 10+ lb babies. *sigh*

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't think it means much-- the weight can be off by as much as like 2 lbs.  My SIL just had her LO, they told her the baby was over 7 lbs. at her 34 weeks appointment, he weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. at birth.  My LO is now 7 lbs. 15 oz. according our latest scan (1 week ago) but I don't trust the accuracy of those scans after all the stories I have heard and after talking to my doc about it...
  • Options

imageFutureIsGold:
    At 30 wks our LO was 3 lbs 8 oz

this exactly

There are no blurred lines, only jail time

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

my blog: Inspirationseeker.blogspot.com
  • Options
    at 31w my DD was estimated at 3lb 4oz.. my doctor says she is going to be on the petite size
  • Options
    At 36w 4d, our son measured 7lbs 8oz.  My OB's eyes looked like they were going to pop out, and said this would be an open conversation for the following week - my appointment is tomorrow.
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imageAliBride2006:
    My little one is growth restricted so I'm the other extreme. At 35w5d, my little girl was estimated at 4lb1oz (only 4 oz bigger than your 30weeker). That's why I'll be delivering tomorrow.

Best of luck!

• Options
    I'm curious to find out how much my LO weighs.  Do they always do u/s at 30 weeks?  If I remember correctly my dr. will only do u/s if they feel something is wrong/different.  Even at our 20w u/s she didn't tell me how much he weighed.  Thoughts?
  • Options

At 31w my LO weighed in at 4 lbs 1 oz!

• Options
    imagesruehl:
    I'm curious to find out how much my LO weighs.  Do they always do u/s at 30 weeks?  If I remember correctly my dr. will only do u/s if they feel something is wrong/different.  Even at our 20w u/s she didn't tell me how much he weighed.  Thoughts?

No, they don't normally do u/s at 30 weeks, unless there is a concern.  The only reason I had a biophysical profile at 36w was because I had decreased movements, and that was after they hooked me up to an NST for a half hour, and saw the decreased movement.  It's not done as a standard.
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    At my u/s Monday LO weighed 3lb 12oz, the doctor said she was in the 70th percentile
  • Options
    My u/s at 28/4 showed the baby weighing in at 3 lbs and 4 oz.  A pretty big baby.  I do not have GD!
  • Options
    I remember the day I was induced with DD (11 years ago mind you)...I was 2 weeks late and they said she only weighed 6 lbs 6 oz which is why they let me go so late...I delivered an 8 lb 4.5 oz baby girl that very same day!  So yes, grain of salt!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • Options

imageloveyoubean:
    I don't think it means much-- the weight can be off by as much as like 2 lbs.  My SIL just had her LO, they told her the baby was over 7 lbs. at her 34 weeks appointment, he weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. at birth.  My LO is now 7 lbs. 15 oz. according our latest scan (1 week ago) but I don't trust the accuracy of those scans after all the stories I have heard and after talking to my doc about it...

This. When I was in the hospital a few weeks ago, the ultrasound tech didn't even really want to guess at her weight b/c she said the further along you get, the more unreliable the weight estimates are. I had another ultrasound last Friday, and the doctor didn't even request a weight check.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    At 31 weeks they estimated my LO to be 4 lbs 9 oz.  I don't have GD or anything but big babies run in DH's family.  His sister was born at 32 weeks and she weighed over 5 lbs! 

image image
  • Options

imageJamieS2006:
    imagesruehl:

No, they don't normally do u/s at 30 weeks, unless there is a concern.  The only reason I had a biophysical profile at 36w was because I had decreased movements, and that was after they hooked me up to an NST for a half hour, and saw the decreased movement.  It's not done as a standard.

I get an ultrasound every visit. Maybe because I am in NYC. The doctor made it sound like the baby is on the big side which scared me. Started to think I won't be able to squeeze her out lol. Glad to hear the numbers might be off and that other babies are this big at 30 weeks..

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    At 31 weeks 4 days, LO was measuring 5 lbs 6 ounces but I have diabetes.
    Peyton Olivia Hope Born at 34 weeks weighing 7 lbs & measuring 18.5 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a nervous wreck. This week I found out I have gestational diabetes and that at 27 weeks my baby is already 3 lbs. All I want is for him to be healthy. 
  • Options
    Because she's a nervous wreck. Duh.
  • Options
    My DS #1 was born at 35w 2d and was 6lbs 14oz. The estimate 2 days before birth was 6 lbs...So I wouldn't be too concerned.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"