Pregnant after 35
Options

placenta previa?

I just found out I have that today.  Is anyone else going through this as well?

Re: placenta previa?

• Options
    I had it during my second pregnancy, but my placenta eventually moved up and out of harm's way.  I think it's pretty common for it to move up rather than to stay low and cause problems.  You'll be monitored for it and have extra ultrasounds as a result, most likely.

• Options
    well you know i just had a bleeding scare too. but they didnt say it was previa. but good luck and take care
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had this during first pregnancy - it moved up on its own.  I had extra sonos to monitor it.
  • Options

me!

I had low lying placenta and it has since moved to 1.8cm away from the cervix. I am free to deliver vaginally now but I do go back for another check on 3/18. I've had SO many sonograms to look at the issue. Extra monitoring is GREAT so that's probably what they'll do for you.

Good luck, in most cases it resolves itself b/c as the uterus grows, the placenta moves away from the cervix.?

• Options
    Same as most previous posters, I had it with DD, they spotted it at my 11 week ultrasound.  I had extra monitoring and more ultrasounds, which was awesome, and it eventually moved out of the way on its own - my doctors actually were pretty sure it would so I felt pretty reassured from the beginning.
    Eleanor Paige, born 3/27/08 Noah Christopher, born 10/2/10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm going to cross my fingers and say a prayer for you that like all these other ladies your placenta does move up and out of the way and you get the all is clear for a regular delivery and normal pregnancy for the duration...

but I'm going to post in this thread as one of the unlucky ones who had it and my placenta did not move.  I had complete previa, had to do the bedrest/pelvic rest thing and wound up having "the big bleed" and an emergency c-section.  My son (my first child) was born 5 weeks early (we both made it through the ordeal fine but just barely).  Going through PP was very difficult- but I have gone on to have two normal pregnancies and 2VBACS and that should also be encouraging.

Please feel free to PM me if you ever feel you need to talk to someone or want to ask me questions.  I see a lot of posts about low placentas here and lots of moms have good news about how their moved... but not too many of us posting that we went the whole pregnancy with PP right up to the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"