Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

The earthquake situation in Chile..

It's so sad. The news just said that the ground has not stopped shaking and that there have been over 90 aftershocks. People are sleeping in parks because it is safer than sleeping in buildings because of the constant shaking. Prisoners have escaped from a jail in Chillan and only 60 have been recaptured. 

It sounds like mass chaos. I can't imagine how frightening it is to be there right now. 

And still - it is a giant mess in Haiti and will be for a long time. At least Chile has a chance at recovering in a timely manner..  

Re: The earthquake situation in Chile..

• ugh... those poor people.  i can't imagine.  i've been through some quakes but nothing even remotely comparable to 8.8.

• The thought of a natural disaster happening here scares the crap out of me. Could you imagine not being able to properly feed and provide housing for your children? Or even worse? So scary!!!

• Loading the player...
  • imageC.P.C.:

The thought of a natural disaster happening here scares the crap out of me. Could you imagine not being able to properly feed and provide housing for your children? Or even worse? So scary!!!

They had live footage of children sleeping in the park :( It breaks my heart. 

• my family is from chile and we still can't get a hold of everyone. my cousins and aunts all live in one house and have no running water or electricity, they have 2 infants in that house (10 mths & 11 mths) Then another one of my aunts from here (boston) went to visit after 25 years, her flight was canceled on friday due to weather conditions and they put her and husband and cousin in a hotel for the night and then the earthquake happened. she is stuck in chile and they may open the airport tuesday. I pray for all my family and my people. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • i'm so sorry, SLS.  i hope you hear from everyone soon.

c.p.c. i just realized you are in hollister.  we just got back from san jose today. :)

• Oh really? I'm in Sac now. I need to change that. I saw your post the other day about being up north and wanted to ask where north was. Is that where you are thinking of moving San Jose?
  • imageC.P.C.:
    Oh really? I'm in Sac now. I need to change that. I saw your post the other day about being up north and wanted to ask where north was. Is that where you are thinking of moving San Jose?

yes!  we love sj.  dh is from there :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"