Pittsburgh Babies

Baby Shower Trouble...

Ok... I am now 30 wks and MIL has tt me about a shower and told me that my mom and her had talked. Then she tells me that my mom told her that there are "certain ppl she does'nt want threre"....which i was waiting for b/c her and the one aunt i DO get along with (really really well) she can't stand. I am stressing out because i know it will come down to the 2 ppl i DONT want there (my other aunt and her psycho daughter) will be invited dispite my wishes.Now my MIL is thinking about having her own shower for me, which is fine but i would rather only have the 1. I dont know how to go about talking to my mom with causing a huge fight and more stress on me. I dont want to sound like an ungratefull brat about it either please help THANKS

Re: Baby Shower Trouble...

• Just tell your mom you'd rather not have them there.  If they're planning it for you, what can you really do about it?  It'll only be a huge fight if you fight back.  Say it and let it go.  If ppl you don't care for come, you get their gifts anyway, at least your mom and MIL are trying to work together.  That can't be a bad thing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would talk to your mom and just tell her you don't feel comfortable with "those ladies" and if mom still wants them there, I would just let it go.  I had my shower two weeks ago and my cousin (who has always caused problems and I was nervous about) threw a temper tantrum in my shower because she is having T-TTC.  She is 24 and everyone looked at her like she was crazy... but even though she tried to ruin it for me, I just ignored her and so did everyone else...  GL with yours - like PP said, at least you get their gifts if they do have to be invited Wink 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"