Baby Showers

Thank you when there's multiples?

I received duplicates at the same shower.  I returned one for another item we didn't get.  How should I say thank you properly? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thank you when there's multiples?

• Thank them for whatever they got you specifically. It doesn't matter what you did with them afterward. No one needs to know that you exchanged it. Thank them for the item and thinking of you.

Hope this helps!

PS- You did mark down what everyone gave you right? If not then you are SOL. 

• image*LuckyMermaid*:

PS- You did mark down what everyone gave you right? If not then you are SOL. 

Yes, there was a scribe as I call them recording everything.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • image*LuckyMermaid*:

Thank them for whatever they got you specifically. It doesn't matter what you did with them afterward. No one needs to know that you exchanged it. Thank them for the item and thinking of you.  

This. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • You thank the gift giver for the gift regardless of whether or not you returned it
  • Thank them for the item you gave and include a brief tidbit about how you'll use it.  They will never know if you're using theirs, or the other one you got, so no since in hurting feelings or seeming ungrateful.

Example:

Dear Aunt Susan,

Thank you kindly for the wonderful bouncer, you were too generous, as always.  I know baby Martell will spend countless hours bouncing away and enjoying it!  You must come see the giggles and smiles it induces once he arrives!  As always, it was lovely to see you.  Thank you again so much.

Love,

k.martell

• imageK.a.T.e:
    You thank the gift giver for the gift regardless of whether or not you returned it

this

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"