Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Miscarrying

Hi,

I don't mean to upset anyone but I was just curious.  I would of been 10 weeks tomorrow but at my ultrasound appointment my baby's hb was really slow and the baby had only developed to 6 weeks.  Now, I'm not sure why when I had my pelvic the doctor didn't notice anything (maybe there is nothing to really notice, but I thought I heard that they measure your uterus to see if it's the size of which week you are in) all he had said was he couldn't hear a hb with that little doppler they put on your belly but he said the baby is small so that's probably why he couldn't hear it. 

Anyway, I have started to miscarry and I have a D&C scheduled for next week.  My question is has anyone had a period type miscarriage? I don't have really any cramping and the bleeding is like a day 4  - some blood but not super heavy and not super light.  I'm really scared about the D&C and was hoping I could just miscarry naturally but this just seems like a really slow process and I'm not sure if that's a good thing for my body?

Re: Miscarrying

• I'm sooo sorry your going through this.  I know how hard it is and how scared you must be.  I just had a natural mc.  I had very heavy bleeding and passed a lot of tissue. I started spotting last Sunday and then started having af like bleeding Wed night and THursday morning I  m/c.  I had/still have cramping. I haven't had a D&C so I don't know to much about it.

Maybe you should call your Dr. in the am to see what he says.  Again, I'm so sorry your going through this.  It's so hard, but the girls on this board are great for support.  PM me if you need to talk.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so sorry you are going through this.  It is the most devastating thing to experience.  :(

I had a natural miscarriage that started with spotting one day, then large amounts of gushing blood, huge clots (golf ball, tennis ball) and tons of intense cramps.  It was definitely more than a period for about 5 days.  I was 8 weeks.  It might be that your body is starting the process and more will come over the course of the next few weeks.  If you really want to avoid a D&C, talk with your doctor about various meds that you can take that can help start the process.  

I'm really sorry you are going through this - it all feels so wrong and so graphic, for what was supposed to be a beautiful time in life.  ((((hugs))))) 

• Loading the player...
  • LizlaLizla member
    Sorry for your loss.  I was naturally miscarring.  I called the dr. to tell them that I was bleeding very heavy and passing huge tissue.  They told me to come on in and check me out.  They had me stay overnight b/c they said I was bleeding too much and they did the d&c in the am.  I passed so much by the am I was not bleeding at all by the time of surgery.  I asked them to do an us or to check me b/c I thought I may have passed everything, but they told me they just like to do the d&c to make sure they have everything out.  I was spotting 3 days prior to going to the hospital.
  • So sorry to hear about your loss.  I had light bleeding with my miscarriage, I started to cramp about the 2nd day.
  • I am so sorry you are going through this. hang in there!
    3 miscarriages, Infertility, & Premature Birth Abigail and Adalynn born @ 25w1d Lilypie Second Birthday tickers FAQ: Resources for New NICU Moms
    FAQ: My Friend Just Had a Preemie, How Can I Help?
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a d&c because my body didn't recognize the baby was gone, so I have no advice, but wanted to offer ::hugs::
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry that you are going through this! I had an appointment 2/15 and should have been 9w6d. The baby had stopped growing on 8w3d and had no hb. They scheduled me for another ultrasound for 2/25 and in the meantime I started to miscarry. I didn't want to do a D&C so I just let it happen naturally. The 17th I started spotting, then started cramping on the 21st and 22nd and miscarried on the 23rd. As PP said- it involves enormous blood clots, quite a bit of tissue and blood being passed. I just stopped bleeding yesterday and today have very light spotting (not even enough for a pantyliner really.)

To say which is better for your body is really a discussion for you and your doctor. There is a small chance of scarring your uterus from a D&C, yet your body "resets" itself faster than if you m/c naturally. Natural m/c involves cramps (basically contractions from your body pushing everything out) and you will pass tissue which can be scary and traumatic for some.

My T&P for you and yours while you go through this!

BFP 1/8/10, missed mc 2/15/10, baby @8w3d. Natural mc 2/23/10 Goodbye our sweet little peanut. We love you so. Every lament is a love song...
    Harper Oksana, born on her due date, January 20, 2011, and the love of my life
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry for your loss!  I had to have a d&c with my miscarriage and I was terrified!  But it wasn't bad at all!!  It was much easier than I could have expected as far as physically speaking.  So try not to be afraid if that is the route you have to go. 
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. My natural m/c wasn't horrible in terms of bleeding and cramps, but I did pass large clots and tissue. If you aren't passing these, I'd be concerned that not everything is getting out. That makes you more prone to infection. Maybe you should call you OB and they can do an u/s to see if everything has passed. I've had a D&C too, and it wasn't too bad physically either. T&Ps for you, I hope that it is all over soon.
    After 3 miscarriages, I got my forever baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hi I know this is a little late but I hope u see my response. I went thru almost the same exact thing. I had my d&e scheduled but started bleeding about two days prior. I chose to go thru with the d&e to ensure everything was passed. It's totally your choice but I did this bc I figured it wa better than runnin the risk of having to do an emergency d&e. Additionally if you do have the d&c I would suggest getting general anesthesia. I made the mistake of just doing the local. And it was pretty BAD. I dunno if it was just me but I really didn't do well at all. So sorry youre going thru this hugs to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"