Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

African American Themed Decor

Hi there.  So, we're not pregnant yet.  Actually we just started TTC. However, me being the planner that I am, I like to begin my research early. If we have a girl, I would like to decorate her nursery in an african american angels theme.  Does anyone know where I can find wallpaper, crib setc, lights, etc. in this theme?

I have been searching the internet for days and haven't had any luck.

Thanks!

Re: African American Themed Decor

• Options

yeah, good luck with that one. It would probably be hard to find bedding, wallpaper, etc. but easier to find the angels themselves. I think you should look around Christmas-time, because there will be tons of angel ornaments and the like available. Or you might want to get little dolls and add angel elements like halos and wings.

As an example for you, I am doing a teddy bear nursery, but I have solid colored bedding. The bears come in with teddy bear wall art, actual little bears that I'll put on floating shelves, a polar bear lotion pump I got from B&BW; I also got a mobile for $4 on craigslist, removed the stuffed flowers and replaced them with mini teddy bears I bought from valentine's day sales. Just an idea on how to incorporate your theme without buying premade nursery decor.

imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Try ETSY.com... at least for wall decor. If they don't have what you want you may be able to custom order something. Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would start by finding fabric that you like with angels and then coordinating patterns. You'll also need someone to sew the set for you. Try Etsy Alchemy for this or ModPeaPod.

Google pink angel toile & Braemore. The cherubs are white (color, not race) and it's a beautiful fabric. It might be a good starting point.

If you have a particular image of an angel you like you can have it printed on fabric and made into a blanket/quilt/wall hanging or stretched on canvas. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"