Working Moms

Business Trip - breast rejection

I have my first business trip planned for April.  It will be five days.  I'm concerned that DD may reject the breast when I return.  I'm curious to hear if other people have had this problem.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Business Trip - breast rejection

• I left DD for about 5 days when she was 6 months old & had no problem going back to BFing. 
  • I was gone for 4 days and when I came home the first thing I did was BF.  DD was so happy to see me and not have to drink formula from a bottle because my supply for her while I was gone was done.  You should be fine.  DD was 4 months at the time. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • In the past year, I took 3 separate trips away from DS. One when he was 8 months (4 days, 3 nights to Mexico), and then twice when he was 10 months (both trips were 5 days, 4 nights).  He had no problem wanting mama every time I came home.  Actually, I thought he was rather clingy and wanted to nurse very often! 

Let me know if you need any tips for pumping while gone or flying w/ BM.

• Ditto what everyone has said.  At her age she should be fine. 

I was gone this week and DD returned to the breast without problems.  The same happened with previous trips.  Definitely more clingy.

• This happened to me in Sept. I went away for 3 days and ended up with an infection, was on antibiotics for 2 weeks and she rejected BFing for about a week after that. it sucked, but I kept trying every day, no pressure, no eraction when she rejected and one day she just went back!
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • I use to travel extensively (5 days a week, every week) from when DD was 3 mths until 7 mths and she didnt reject the breast. I pumped and brought milk home so while I was gone she had fresh + frozen milk.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"