Working Moms
Options

Do you like/love/tolerate your job?

If you only work at your current position to pay the bills and support your family, but aren't happy there, what else are you pursuing?  I'm thinking of doing a complete career change and open to any ideas.  I make good money but am totally over the  job.  You know what they say "happy mom=happy family".  TIA!

Re: Do you like/love/tolerate your job?

• Options
    I'm an RN on a trauma icu.  I love my job... I hate working nights.  But while I'm there, I love it.  I'm just really tired the next day. I work 2 nights a week. no way could I do full time nights.  I give those nurses a lot of credit on that one. I've done full time days with call over night and 24hr call on weekends for the recovery room, and that was easier IMO.  I loved that unit too.  I love anything to do with surgery.  fascinates me ... keeps me interested ... constantly seeing new things.  fun.
  • Options
    Yes, this would be me! I only work 3 days a week, but all I can do it hope that DH's job eventually picks up so I don't have to work at all.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It pretty much depends on each day. Smile

I would say most of the time I like my job and I do enjoy working overall.  It can be very stressful and there are periods that are exceptionally demanding, and we have the typical firm politics and hypocrisy that I suppose exist anywhere - on those days I am not sure I can say I even really tolerate it!  I've thought before about finding something else but there are a lot of pros to this job that make it hard to give up, so I usually hang in there till the bad days are gone and then I usually like it again.

Eleanor Paige, born 3/27/08 Noah Christopher, born 10/2/10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can honestly say that I love my job.  I look forward to going in to work on Mondays.  I have a sweet part-time (3 day/week) deal, which makes me love and appreciate what I have even more.  I love my colleagues, have tons of flexibility and I feel like I am very well compensated, which helps. 
  • Options
    I am the standards administrator for a non-profit association.  I work with three other ladies and I absolutely love my job.  My boss is so family friendly and the job has endless growth possibilities.  It was a lucky find and I couldn't have asked for better.
  • Options
    I tolerate it. Thanks for this word--perfect way to put how I feel about my job! I have a great situation in many ways. Great boss, some flexibility, good co-workers, nice field, decent salary and great benefits; job is directly helping the community, too (non-profit). But, I'm just really tired of what I'm doing and, although I'm good at it, I don't know if it's the best natural fit. I have to force myself to sit down and work on projects and I know I should be taking more initiative to get some new things going. I feel really burned out and the days seem long. I don't like my commute, either. I know it's not much at all compared to many people (35 to 40 minutes unless it's snowy), but to me it's long and it's a gritty, icky drive. My semi-plan is to work at least through another baby, MAYBE even 2, and then have a career change of some sort!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I work in child mental health, and I really like my job.  There are things that are frustrating about it, and sometimes it can be heartbreaking, but overall I am really happy with it.
  • Options
    FloF9FloF9 member

I love the clients I work for, and my boss is very flexible as far as family issues are concerned.

However, the organization itself is a smaller company where a lot of things get brushed under the rug.  If this were a corporate environment it would have perished a long time ago.

• Options
    I tolerate my job.  I love my career, so I'm looking for other things in the field.

• Options

I LOVE my job & can't wait to go back to work!!!  I'm in charge of a Vet hospital ... I absolutely LOVE animals & management and I get the both of best worlds there!!! :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"