Austin Babies

A HUGE thanks to some fabulous nesties (long)

Really, this is a novel but it's all necessary! 

I have a tendency to wait until the very last second to do things. Friday evening Rach03k and 2bmrslove came over to help price and organize things for the sale, misjenn dropped off some much needed cardstock for tags. We made signifigant progress and I figured I'd finish the rest Saturday or the deadline of Sunday. My first thanks goes to them! I really really needed the help.

Austxgirl came over Saturday to be my painting buddy (I'll rave about that later with pictures! Really you should totally hire her.) Sooo... I relaxed on the couch with DH for the evening since he'd been stuck with the girls all day while I shopped, prepped and painted.

Today rolls around. I spent the morning affixing prices to the toys/gear we priced on Friday and finishing cleaning some toys. Abby went down for a nap around 1 and since I only got 5 hours sleep last night, I laid down for a nap with Emily. I woke up around 3 and felt a slight headache. I figured it was because it was a little warm in the room since the drapes were down from painting. I turned on the fan and flung off the down comforter.

I woke up with a full on migraine puking my guts out around 4:30. I briefly considered 2 possibilities in addition to my history of migraines. Food poisoning from leftover chili that was a day past it's prime but delicous. Or a Thyroid Strorm from my probable Hyperthyroidism. I didn't have a fever but I let DH know not to hestitate to call 911 if I became unresponsive. I felt that bad.

I tried to take some Zofran, then some more. I tried to get down some Darvocet... that came up. At about 5:30 laying on my bathroom floor I realized I was not getting any better and time was ticking down to call in reinforcements on a Sunday night. I called m_and_m and begged for help and she agreed to come over without even an "uhh... let me...". Nope, just "Let me get on my shoes" or something like that. I don't know. I felt like I was about to die. I suggested she try calling fjaril since I thought she might be able to do it. I hestitated to call Austxgirl because I knew she had a house cleaning job lined up today. But I didn't want to leave M on her own.

I don't know exactly what time M got here but I managed to get downstairs and quickly showed her how to enter stuff in the sales system. I puked then practically crawled upstairs and got in a hot shower. I took 2 more Zofran and another Darvocet.

After laying down for sometime I gradually felt the wonderful sensation of the migraine subsiding. M had graciously brought me Gatorade and after keeping down 1/2 a bottle I came downstairs. All three of my fabulous nesties were hard at work and it just about made me cry. I can honestly say that maybe the migraine was a blessing because I don't think there was ANY way even I had been able to start at 4:30 that I could have done it all on my own.

So after like, the longest post ever. Much thanks, love and gratitude to Mar, Brandy and Lee Ann. I couldn't have done it without y'all. I appreciate you taking time away from your families to help!

The total stands 274 items priced at $1,168.00 !!! I have a list of all those who have donated and I will post thanks with the results after the sale.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: A HUGE thanks to some fabulous nesties (long)

• Yay for Nestie love!  And YAY for all those items!  :)

Glad you're feeling better, Taytee. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm glad your feeling better. I can't imagine how that must have been. You & DH deserve a huge thanks as well for putting this all together!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank YOU for putting all this together. If I had read m_m FB status before 10 I would've headed over. Thank you to m_m and fjaril and all the other ladies for all the work ya'll have put in to make this fundraiser happen.
  • ladies that's a great start to our fundraising efforts for austx!! i wish i had been able to help!! way to go! and thanks to you all for donating and organizing and all that jazz!
  • You all are awesome.  Karma will come back, for sure. 

I saw m_and_m's appeal, but I was in almost as bad of shape as you, Taytee.  I refer to them as "cut off my head" migraines bc I think that would feel much better.  Zomig is my BFF.

Thank you all for doing this.

• p.s. - hope you're feeling better today!
  • First of all, THANK YOU so so so much for everything that you have done.  The organizing, the work, your home, the friendship, the love, all of it.  You are an amazing person, Taytee, and I am incredibly blessed to have you in my life.  I am always only a phone call away for any help that I can be to you.  And I'm so so so glad that you are feeling better. 

Second, thank you to everyone else that has donated and pitched in to help.  You all are so amazing and I am more grateful than any words could ever describe.  Some day I will thank each of you personally.  But for now, please know that I am incredibly humbled and thankful for everything that is being done. 

• Oh my, I'm so sorry you got sick during all of that.  Sounds like it was aweful.  What amazing friends these nesties are to help you out.  You are all wonderful people and wow, what a great turnout on items!
  • Aww! I so wish I had seen the post too, I would have gone to help!   Really hope that the migraine stuff doesn't come back regularly.
  • imagemonski:
    Aww! I so wish I had seen the post too, I would have gone to help!   Really hope that the migraine stuff doesn't come back regularly.

I can see you describing the clothes now "Uhh.. Pink thing with snaps down the front" Stick out tongue

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"