Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Alcohol

Today was my first bottle of Smirnoff since August 14. It was bittersweet to open it today and of course it tasted nasty. I think I birthed the Irish out of me with Aidan. lol
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
Photobucket

Re: Alcohol

• I had my first beer since November, last night. It was really weird drinking. I kept thinking it was bad to drink but then realized I wasn't pregnant any more.
    My Blog PM me to read my blog BFP 12/22/09 natural m/c 2/20/10 12 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm pretty sure I cried the first time I drank after our loss.....no tolerance at all did not help the situation.  I know how bittersweet that situation can be...((HUGS)). Now I enjoy my wine and beer from time to time.   

Lilah Eve---our angel in heaven: Born sleeping 12/2/09 @ 28w3d. We love you and miss you everyday, little angel.
    Isabella Faith---Born 12/17/10 via c-section.
    Abigail Marie---Born 11/16/12 via c-section
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It upset me to eat unheated lunch meat - I haven't brought myself to a drink yet.  I don't want DH to think I'm drinking my sorrow away and worry about me, either, lol.
  • Yeah MH was like are you having a bad day, I was like no I just want to get the first drink out of the way while we're at home. That way I won't start bawling when we go to dinner with friends next weekend. lol
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I had my first wine since I don't even know when tonight. It felt good, albeit bittersweet.
    BFP 1/8/10, missed mc 2/15/10, baby @8w3d. Natural mc 2/23/10 Goodbye our sweet little peanut. We love you so. Every lament is a love song...
    Harper Oksana, born on her due date, January 20, 2011, and the love of my life
  • I had a hard time drinking after my loss. Everything about me wanted to get drunk and have a few hours of fun but my mind was so conflicted. I didn't want to do anything that a pregnant woman wouldn't do. It was so frustrating. My love for wine came back though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP Oct. 2010-MC & D&C Dec. 2010 BFP March 2011-Cooper born Dec. 6, 2011 weighing 9 lbs 1/2 oz. Suprise BFP May 27th 2012 - Sawyer born Jan. 20, 2013 weighing 8 lbs 9 oz. ?
  • About two weeks after my m/c we went to a restaurant and I ordered a martini (first drink since early Dec). I had one sip and my sister had to finish it.  I wasn't sad, I just felt like I was doing something I shouldn't have been.  I've had a few since then but I can't bring myself to drink more than a few sips... and as for cheese.  I LOVE feta and blue cheese! I constantly find myself looking on labels to check to see if it contains pasteurized milk!
  • I know what you mean!! I am not a huge fan of drinks anymore. I have hardly any tolerance anymore. It is good that we can enjoy a few now though! lol
  • It was hard for me to drink after, I completly understand. It was bizarre, how the first thing I thought was man, I could use a drink, but when it came down to it, I think it was weeks before I had a drink.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"