High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Weekend Bedrest Vent....

Ok, since we are all bored, we might as well get out our vents for the weekend.  And I'm particularly irritable today, so I'll share instead of just being nasty to my DH!

**My brother doesn't get what bedrest is.  He's such a total tool.  Yes, I can occasionally do things, but I have to be very careful and know my limits.  And every time I break my rules a little, I suffer grately for it.

So he asked me to help him out this week because he has the kids all week. (divorced).  He lives 1 1/2 hours away and wants me to take care of the kids Thur night and Fri morning, before and after school.  He lives with his girlfriends parents, whom I've never met.  So, really?  How's this going to work?  I can't drive that far because of the meds I'm on and I certainly can't deal with 3 kids!  And where would we hang?  Cause I'm not going to be laying on some stangers couch while the kids run around.

When I asked if the kids had school (trying to figure out if DH could take off and help) he said yes, but they can miss a day.  Uh, bro...I think it might be a little much for me to watch 3 kids all day long?  DUH?!!!

He doesn't get it...not at all.  And for some reason, it totally p*sses me off!!

Re: Weekend Bedrest Vent....

• Options

I'll take you up on the vent...I had a "falling out" w/ a friend of mine yesterday that ended up w/ me being so mad I was shaking and ended up raising my blood pressure to 128/80 (which is super high for me--its normally like 90/60 lol)

**warning this vent is going to be long--because I'm bored and still fuming mad**

This "friend" has been smothering me--like she comments on every single fb status I post, every blog I post, she is on thebump, she is on myspace, she just joined my church small group and she texts me all day long, has tried to be-friend all of my sisters on fb (who have all denied her friend requests which she then messaged them to ask why they said no!)--which in any other circumstance wouldnt be a huge deal except she is socially rude and makes ****y comments

Some of the "gems" she has said to me in the last 8 weeks I've been in the hospital on bedrest include:

1. Youre so lucky you get to relax all the time while I'm stuck w/ a crying sick baby (her 3 month old had a cold for 2 days and was fussy--meanwhile she said this to me the 1st week I was here while we werent even sure my baby was going to make it)

2. When the dr's told me they were doubtful I would make it to full term she "joked" " and just think--I prayed my whole pregnancy to go early and now youre getting to!"

3. When I was in alot of pain but still not comfortable taking the pain meds she told me to suck it up and stop being a martyr

Those are just a few examples of why it drives me nuts to be around this girl let alone having her ALL up in my business--so I straight up told her a few weeks ago that I was feeling overwhelmed just w/ my whole situation and I needed some space well she didnt get the hint and continued to bother me 24/7--well I tried to let it go but she just wouldnt take a hint so I finally blocked her on fb from seeing my statuses (keep in mind she can still read my blog, my bump posts, she sees me 1x a week at small group, etc.) well this apparently OUTRAGES her and she texts my best friend Dani (who she has only met 3 times...she only had Dani's number b/c Dani hosted my baby shower which she was invited to and it was on the RSVP) so she texts Dani TO COMPLAIN ABOUT ME! Dani is really confused b/c she doesnt even know this chick and she has been my bff since pre-school--wth would this girl even text dani?! So Dani of course tells me and this is like the last straw esp after the stuff w/ my sisters, the mean comments, etc. So I decide to confront her--in a loving way, I've been praying about it for weeks about what to do (let it go and hope it gets better or bring it up?) I didnt want to end the friendship but I just wanted some space and for her to understand boundaries (esp. before LB gets here)

Well she refuses to talk to me on the phone or come here (which is fine, but at least talk to me on the phone) and says the only way she will talk to me about this is via instant message--well this is a disaster b/c its so easy to take things the wrong way when you cant hear inflection, etc. So I start into the conversation very non-confrontational just asking if she was mad at me (since I knew she was cuz she b*tched to Dani about me) and she just goes OFF--says I'm an unappreciate, ungrateful brat considering how much money she has spent on me (she has brought me dinner twice in 8 weeks--which I thanked her TONS when she did) she said I'm the one that "smothers" other people b/c I comment on every blog she reads (sidenote: she reads my sisters blog and my church friends blogs so yes I do comment--she doesnt know most of these people in real life whereas I do and have for years), she said I was a bad Christian and have done nothing but try and get attention for the past 8 weeks--she said I was immature and mean and she SCREAMED (all caps) that she hated me and didnt want to be friends w/ me anymore (i only said about 10 words the entire convo it was all her) (other sidenote: we had a falling out last year about this time for similar issues in which she name-called, cussed me out, etc.. then she got pregnant unexpectedly w/ no support so I decided to forgive and try and be there for her--so this isnt the first time shes gone nutso on me)

Uhm..she is basically crazy--so I decide to unfriend her on fb, delete her number from my phone, etc. well in the process of changing my security settings on fb so she couldnt stalk me via other people she sends me 3 fb messages within 3 minutes all continuing to yell at me, cuss at me and berate me--can you say psycho path!?

I just emotionally dont hve the energy to deal w/ her anymore and I'm so glad that this "friendship" is resolved before LB is here so I dont have to put up w/ anymore--albeit it wasnt resolved how I would like it to have been resolved (2 adults, talking maturely about the problems we were having) but I'm glad that this toxic person is out of my life--definitely not the stress I needed yesterday and clearly its still irking me today--if you are still reading you deserve a medal haha That is my vent--crazy people need to stay away from me!

ETA:And who says these hateful things to a pregnant woman?! Especially a high-risk pregnant woman who has been on strict bedrest in the hospital for 8 weeks & who is 2 days away from being induced?! Talk about bad timing for her to go crazy...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Ugh, Lauren, that sucks!  This chick sounds super nuts!  You are better off not dealing with her.  She sounds a lot like my ex-SIL.  She freaks out all the time and is dillusional.  Maybe we should suggest they be friends via FB..then they can be crazy together and leave us alone!!

I can't believe she would text YOUR bf like that.  How weird?!!  Poor Dani, she was probably so confused!  Just think of how much simpler your life will be now that you don't have her hounding you!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Holy crap, Lauren. Wow, she sounds like a joy. That is some serious immature crap that I would expect in high school. Are you kidding? This is all for the better. No one needs negative people like that in their life. I cant believe half the nonsense she said to you. WTF?

She needs anger management and behavioural training.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Michelle, I am sorry that your brother doesnt GET bedrest. I cant believe he expects you to care for three children when you can barely do anything. Um, hello, are you serious? I had to slowly explain to some people what bedrest was, the reasons, and the fact that I cannot do ANYTHING.

• Options

I dont really have a vent because I am having a decent day. My only vent is I am unmotivated to do this paper but I know I have too so I should just STOP slacking.

My stylist came WITH her friend, the nail technician. So, not only did I get a lovely haircut (2 inches cut off the bottom, disconnected layers, and bangs trimmed), a colour (cinnamon with copper lowlights), I got a mani/pedi. I love them both. I feel great now. AND, they both told me to give them a call whenever I wanted another mani/pedi or trim/blow dry. :)

• Options
    imageFemmeFataleNat01:

I dont really have a vent because I am having a decent day. My only vent is I am unmotivated to do this paper but I know I have too so I should just STOP slacking.

My stylist came WITH her friend, the nail technician. So, not only did I get a lovely haircut (2 inches cut off the bottom, disconnected layers, and bangs trimmed), a colour (cinnamon with copper lowlights), I got a mani/pedi. I love them both. I feel great now. AND, they both told me to give them a call whenever I wanted another mani/pedi or trim/blow dry. :)

I'm happy for you, really...but I totally hate you!!  Green with jealousy!!! Your hair sounds so cute!!  I had a dream last night that I was getting mine dyed (I never have).  Weird!!

• Options
    imageFemmeFataleNat01:

Michelle, I am sorry that your brother doesnt GET bedrest. I cant believe he expects you to care for three children when you can barely do anything. Um, hello, are you serious? I had to slowly explain to some people what bedrest was, the reasons, and the fact that I cannot do ANYTHING.

I know, it's so tough when people are clueless.  But this is the same guy who had the nerve to say on my FB page after I had a really bad fall (hurting my back worse and sliding onto my belly), "Well, at least you didn't break your wrist."  Yeah, cause we weren't worried about my already f*d back or unborn child....

He broke his wrist playing basketball and was off work for 2wks....you'd thought he died.  It's all ANYONE heard about and he's STILL going on about it.  He thinks that is worse than what I'm going through.  Really.

• Options
    imagemiaomi:
    imageFemmeFataleNat01:

I'm happy for you, really...but I totally hate you!!  Green with jealousy!!! Your hair sounds so cute!!  I had a dream last night that I was getting mine dyed (I never have).  Weird!!

LOL! You have to understand that I am such a fashionista. I am always the girl with a fresh haircut, perfect colour, nails always done, and stylishly dressed. Now? Not so much. This helps me feel somewhat like myself and it makes me feel better in a sense!

I think everyone should get a mani/pedi and haircut asap! :) It feels good.

• Options
    imagemiaomi:
    imageFemmeFataleNat01:

I know, it's so tough when people are clueless.  But this is the same guy who had the nerve to say on my FB page after I had a really bad fall (hurting my back worse and sliding onto my belly), "Well, at least you didn't break your wrist."  Yeah, cause we weren't worried about my already f*d back or unborn child....

He broke his wrist playing basketball and was off work for 2wks....you'd thought he died.  It's all ANYONE heard about and he's STILL going on about it.  He thinks that is worse than what I'm going through.  Really.

OH. MY. GOSH.

Are you serious? LOL. What the heck! I've broken my wrist (fractured and sprained as well) and it's bearable. It strongly irritates me when people try too one-up someone. Grow up!

Tell him to multiply his broken wrist by like a thousand and you can feel your pain.

• Options

This is my first weekend/day 4 of bedrest so I'm going to be positive about all this for as long as possible.  Madelyn IS going to be staying put for a while.  Yeah we will see how long this glass half full attitude lasts.  We had some friends over last night to play some board games.  These are my DH's friends and their wives, which are all pregnant.  One is ready to pop any day now; her and I get along.

Then there is the the other one.  Drives me batty.  She is due with her second a week after me but tells everyone she is due the same day as me because it's her DH's bday.  OK whatever, but she has complained this entire pregnancy.  She said last night that she has had so many problems with this pregnany that she doesn't think she'll have another.  Uhm excuse me what problems?  I don't see you on bedrest with a crappy short cervix.  All she wanted to talk about is pregnany all night, really can't think of anything else.  If we are out together she will tell everyone that we are due the same day and that I am high risk because of my bicornuate ute.  Really please tell the whole work I'm a freak, none of your business.  Ugh

Thanks for the oppurtunity to vent.  We gotta love the crazy drama people in our lives to keep us entertained.

align="center">

BFP #1 9/6/2009 EDD 5/29/10. Missy Moo born 5/12/10 after 3 months of bedrest due to PTL, IC and a bicornuate ute causing IUGR
    BFP # 2 1/28/12 EDD 10/6/12 No heartbeat seen @ 10 weeks, Autumn
    BFP #3 8/18/12 EDD 5/2/13 No heartbeat seen at 7w3d, Mae
    BFP #4 01/31/2013 EDD 10/15/2013 No HB seen in our little girl at 10w2d due to trisomy 12, Abigail
    BFP #5 6/27/2013 EDD 3/10/2014 diagnosed with protein S deficiency heparin twice a day. Luke's HB stopped at 8wks
    BFP#6 12/22/2013 EDD 9/4/2014 No HB seen at 7w2d, Leia

BFP #7- 5/12/14 EDD 01/2015, ruptured ectopic 5/31/14

• Options

I have a vent!!!!

So, this guy who goes to another school asked me to pick up a book for him at the library this week. Uh, dude? I am on bedrest. I was allowed (then) to go to school but I couldnt do ANY walking. I literally got dropped off and picked up at my building. He got mad. WTF? I dont even care.

He texts me just now and is like, "Can I have your password for research?" Uh, no. First of all, why aren't you researching at your own school? Secondly, I am using it to complete my research paper which is due in TWO freaking days. Thirdly, I am not giving you my password for school anyways. He got mad at me.

Get over yourself. I dont even KNOW you that well. He's a friend of a friend.

• Options
    today was my grandfather's first yahrzeit (anniversary of his death on the jewish calendar). and i couldn't go to temple with my family.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageshipoopiisforme:
    today was my grandfather's first yahrzeit (anniversary of his death on the jewish calendar). and i couldn't go to temple with my family.

Very sucky...I'm so sorry.

• Options

imageshipoopiisforme:

:( Were you close to him? I'm so sorry.

My grandfather died in September and it devastated all of us. I cant even imagine how awful the 1 year anniversary will be. I never even got to tell him it was twins. :(

• Options

I'm still new here up I'm going to use this opportunity to vent as well.

I have 2 SIL and one is just a b.  She has done a lot of messed up stuff to me in the past so I have really distanced myself from her for this reason-she is very selfish and everything is ALWAYS about her. So, she calls the other day to see if I wanted a vistor in the hospital.  I didn't answer the first time she called b/c I was have a bad afternoon with contractions/bleeding, etc. So I called her back around 5-ish.  It was Wed so she didn't have to work all day might I add, she did want to bring her 4 year old monster and 18 month old but I told her that wouldn't be a good idea.  I talked to her for a min and she told me that she hadn't showered all day so wasn't really presentable to be in public. Then she informed me how her 18 month old just learned how to say "no" and has been stressing out all day saying "no no no no" so she was going to have a glass of wine and doesn't want to drive.  Then she proceeds to tell me about the dinner that she cooked that night-roast turkey, scalloped potatoes, etc.  At that point I had enough and ended the call.  Really, I'm 27 weeks pregnant and can have this baby any day, can't leave the hospital and only get to leave my room 1 time per day when I get my daily ultrasound. I'm hooked to an IV and monitor 24/7 right now and you can't come see me b/c you are going to have some wine to dewind from you 18 month old saying "no no no".  She called the next day and I didn't answer and she hasn't called or texted me since. 

Vent over-thanks for listening.  My vent doesn't hardly compare to the rest of you ladies but it feels good to get it out to someone other than my other SIL and hubbie!!  Thanks

• Options

I'm a little disappointed with my visitor turnout.  Since I've been in the hospital, I've only had two non-family visits, and I've actually had only a few family visits.  I don't mean to sound whiny, but I have been here for 10 days already Sad

Also, I've come to realize that Saturdays are not good hospital food days.  Luckily, my husband is willing to bring me food.

• Options

Lauren - I'm sorry your friend turned out to be such a psycho b!tch!  Wow!!  I don't even know what else to say.

Michelle - It sucks your brother doesn't get it.  I have the same problem with my family.  They don't understand that having high bp in pregnancy is A LOT different that having high bp when not pregnant.  It's not as simple as giving me some meds, changing my diet and working out more.  Plus, now that it's pre-eclampsia (that's worsening btw) it's a whole new ball game.  But they still don't get it, and I'm still getting calls from my grandmother asking if they have let me go home yet.......after I've told her at least 10 times that they will not let me out until I have the baby and why.

• Options
    imageFemmeFataleNat01:

imageshipoopiisforme:

:( Were you close to him? I'm so sorry.

My grandfather died in September and it devastated all of us. I cant even imagine how awful the 1 year anniversary will be. I never even got to tell him it was twins. :(

we were very close. it makes me sad that my babies will never know him but there is some solace in the fact that one will be named after him. i have to say my parents and sister were pretty awesome about all of this. even though it is obviously a big deal they barely brought it up because they knew i would be upset i couldn't go. my rabbi sent me such a nice note saying he knows how hard it was that i couldn't be there but that my grandfather's memory will always be a blessing on me. that really meant a lot.

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

How did I miss all this?!?!?!? I am so sorry you for all for your vents! People need to get a life!

Ship- so sorry about your grandfather. 

• Options

ok, I'll chime in!

first, I'm so sorry for everyone else's vents - seems like there's no shortage of crappy situations around here.

Just a few small vents. I know they're pretty mild compared with some of the drama you ladies are dealing with, but they still annoy me.

Our parents and other relatives are so excited about the triplets, but we are having a hard time managing them being kind of "territorial" about us - my parents seem to think they're the only ones who should help with caretaking early on, my MIL wants to be here as soon as the babies are born even though they'll be in the NICU and she's 12 hours away with very little vacation time, etc. My  mom is worried that the babies will arrive next week when my MIL's partner is here helping us out while I'm on bedrest, and that MIL's partner will get to hold the babies first. Um, I don't even know when I'll be allowed to hold my own babies!

I opened up a can of worms by giving my dad permission to write up a little "orientation manual" about some of the things we'll be dealing with in terms of premature babies, the importance of visitors being healthy and not stressing me out, the babies' eating and sleeping routines, etc. Well he wrote this manifesto that seems to imply that all our visitors have no idea how to take care of babies and have the intention of being insensitive to our needs. I thought it would help him to channel his anxious energy (because I can't handle trying to reassure my parents regarding their anxiety anymore!) but now I have to figure out how to say that I am not going to distribute the information the way he has typed it up because it will just offend people. 

But the big vent is my FIL's lack of involvement (FIL and MIL are divorced). We had a "virtual" online baby shower with FIL's side of the family, but he was so busy at a birthday party with his other grandkids (his second wife's grandkids) that he couldn't bother to be home in time to log on to the shower, or even to send a gift. At least we don't have to worry about him clamoring to come visit us right away. harumph.

that's all. basically I'm just trying to cope with my own emotions right now, and can't really handle managing everyone else's emotions and needs!

• Options
    I know its past the weekend but I needed to vent about this stupid fight I had with my husband yesterday.  I needed to get out the house so we went to have breakfast at this new diner that opened in our area, I was telling him I needed the addresses for his three friends he hangs out with for the baby shower, since I will need my husband to drive my mother and I, because it is in the city, my mother is not good at city driving and I can't drive because of bedrest. He tells me he has like 12 friends he is inviting, I tell him he is crazy to think he is inviting that many people my sister is not paying for all those people. He says well I don't want your sister doing our baby shower anyway get one of your other friends to host it.  I tell him it is not our baby shower because it is not a couples shower, it is my baby shower being hosted by my sister, you want your own shower have your friends host you something, I just asked if you wanted to bring your three close friends so you would have company while waiting for me and my mom, you guys can hang out on the patio, and the place has a bar where they can watch tv is any sports games are on.  Then he says I don't see why your sister cant drive you and your mom, me and my friends are going out to breakfast before we come to the shower, I tell him because she is hosting she has to setup, pickup a cake before she gets there.  Then he says well if my friends aren't welcome then I am not coming, I don't like your sister she is a ass, I told him you and your close friends can come but not all those people the room we rented seats 30 people I already have 24 people so even if it was ok he still can't bring all those people, then he says I am a ass also because he told me he does not like my sister so I should tell her not to host the baby shower, I told him we are not discussing this anymore, you are talking about my family that is a no win arguement she has not done anything to you.  He is crazy still to think even if it was not my sister hosting  that any of my friends would be okay to pay for the 24 people I invited plus twelve of his guy friends who are just random people that he plays basketball with at his gym he does not hang with them, he wanted me to just give him 12 invites so he could pass out at the gym, yeah right with my sisters number on it so random people can call her if anyone leaves the invite sitting on the bench.  I don't know why he feels he has to have alot of people there to represent him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"