Stay at Home Moms
Options

Generic formula question

Do you use up and up formula? If so is there any difference?  We are using Similac's Isomil and the price of the Up and Up is making me wondering if I should move on over.  WDYT?
Kevin & Traci May 11, 2006 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket

Re: Generic formula question

• Options
    I use Walmarts generic with DD with no problems....I know a lot of people who use generic over name brand =)
  • Options
    We don't use generic, but I know a bunch who do too and love it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are an Up&Up family!  DS does better on it than the name brand!
  • Options
    i've not tried up and up formula, but i've tried just about everything else, and i think they're products are great! when all else fails, simply compare the ingredients (and amounts).
  • Options
    I used it with DD (before it was up and up and was just target brand)  Worked well for us.   Hoping i cna do something simular for these boys.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    We use Enfamil, but I just saw a two pack of Up and Up at Target for $9. Worth a try!
  • Options
    We used the up and up soy almost all of ds's first year and he had less constipation with that than with they Similac Isomil.  I loved it and the price.  Also, almost all generics are the exact same.  Same factory, same customer service number, same can, different label lol. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We tried switching to Up&Up from Similac when DD was about 2.5 months.  Iy made her have pale yellow (like almost white), rock-hard, constipating poops.  It also made her spit up a ton. I really wish it would have worked for us since we would save so much money, but after getting through a whole can of Up&Up with no improvement we had to go back to Similac.
  • Options
    Lots of people on this board use generic.  I use the BJ's brand and it's just fine.  If you're going to switch, go slow.  It takes a lot for those LO's stomachs to adjust!
  • Options
    We used to use Similac Advanced and recently switched to Up and Up milk formula. DS doesn't seem to have issues anymore with powder formula.
    Anniversary
    *photo removed*
  • Options
    DS drinks Enfamil Lipil and we've bought Up & Up and it was just fine- no issues what-so-ever.  The price CANNOT be beat!  So far, pretty much anything Up & Up has been awesome...  We've tried the diapers, wipes, formula, baby tylenol, baby saline, baby "vics" chest rub, toilet paper... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"